Jump to content
Left leaderboard
Sarah5string

What are you listening to right now?

Recommended Posts

On 05/05/2020 at 18:36, Ricky 4000 said:

👍

I bloody love this.

You know, I love that many of the female/female-fronted bands from this period aren't over-sexualized; there just didn't seem to be this desire to cavort around almost naked.  It is possible to be alluring with all your kit on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Reggaebass said:

A bit of third world 

 

Found a copy of Starship Africa by Creation Rebel during a vinyl sort through.

Next Heavy Machinery by Johansson brothers with Allan Holdsworth

Then download of the latest Dirty Loops track.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JottoSW1 said:

Starship Africa by Creation Rebel

Just had a quick listen to this jotto , there’s some nice bass that comes in at around 5.15 👍 , I think @Frank Blank will like this 🙂

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Just had a quick listen to this jotto , there’s some nice bass that comes in at around 5.15 👍 , I think @Frank Blank will like this 🙂

 

Yeah, didn't remember I had it, a friend lent it to me mid 1980's. Thought I'd see how my little Musical Fidelity Speakers coped, answer jolly well. Would be enhanced by alarge Camberwell Carrot though

Edited by JottoSW1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A jazz playing friend of mine just shared this on Facebook. No, not jazz, ladles and jelly spoons - Celtic Prog!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/05/2020 at 17:34, Reggaebass said:

A bit of third world 

 

Now that's a blast from the past! 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Ricky 4000 said:

Now that's a blast from the past! 👍

Yeah, I haven’t heard it in ages, such a great band , it was released in 1981 , this one was 1978 🙂

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Yeah, I haven’t heard it in ages, such a great band , it was released in 1981 , this one was 1978 🙂

 

Didn’t we do this a while back, not that it matters, love Third World...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just released on YouTube. Richard Thompson live from his home studio. For Royal Albert Hall.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheMaartian said:

Just released on YouTube. Richard Thompson live from his home studio. For Royal Albert Hall.

 

Rats! I've been waiting for weeks to watch that live and missed my reminder email!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Rats! I've been waiting for weeks to watch that live and missed my reminder email!

Same here. I missed it by 87 minutes. At least the replay posted straight away! 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TheMaartian said:

Same here. I missed it by 87 minutes. At least the replay posted straight away! 😎

Ditto. He is amazing, hasn’t changed in look, voice or talent in decades. Amnesia and Rumour & Sigh still do it for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mentioned this on the cycling thread but if you don't cycle......................

I am spending time on a turbo trainer rather than venturing out on my bike during lock down.  Sitting on the bike spinning the cranks in my back yard is mind numbing so I've been listening to some classic Motown/Stax and Atlantic soul through headphones.  I'm now realising what a great bass player James Jamerson was.  Trying to keep up with his bass riffs on the Motown tracks has inflicted great pain on my poor old legs!  The Four Tops, Supremes, Stevie Wonder etc. are great tracks to keep fit to - or in my case collapse to!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

One of my favourite bands from the 90’s.

Really underrated IMO.

 

Edited by steantval

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, steantval said:

One of my favourite bands from the 90’s.

Really underaged IMO.

 

Looks well past the age of consent to me.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today?  It feels like a day for Public Service Broadcasting.  I have a complete playlist on Spotify, so theat'll take care of the morning at least.  I may try and listen to the Proms show this afternoon:

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

Today?  It feels like a day for Public Service Broadcasting.  I have a complete playlist on Spotify, so theat'll take care of the morning at least.  I may try and listen to the Proms show this afternoon:

 

 

An excellent and underrated act. Good live too. 

At the moment I'm working so have got 76:14 by Global Communication providing a nice backdrop

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

An excellent and underrated act. Good live too. 

At the moment I'm working so have got 76:14 by Global Communication providing a nice backdrop

Seen them a handful of times, really stuns me that I know so little about them.  I've never been so moved at a gig either, felt quite tearful at the end of the Hammersmith show when they were touring Every Valley and they assembled a collery choir at the end.  Quite beautiful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

Seen them a handful of times, really stuns me that I know so little about them.  I've never been so moved at a gig either, felt quite tearful at the end of the Hammersmith show when they were touring Every Valley and they assembled a collery choir at the end.  Quite beautiful.

Playing the Race for Space album plus other older work at Brixton Academy a few years ago was probably the most stunning live show I've ever seen. Will have to watch the DVD one evening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Supper's Ready.

And I'm proud of it so there!

 

I'm with you on that. Great album.

I actually prefer the Seconds Out version mainly because i heard it first. Seconds Out is my fav era Genesis

Great choice tho. I actually bought Foxtrot and Nursery Cryme as a double album box set in vinyl must have been late 70's

Dave

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I Love The Way You Love LP by Betty Wright. Never took a lot of notice , but thought I would give it a listen as I knew one of her songs. She was very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...