Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

Back at the beginning of 1983, I was a little 10 year old, and a friend of the family gave me and my sister a cassette that we listened to endlessly. This morning the memory of this tape popped into my head, so this morning I'm revisiting it.

Side A:

Side B:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bartelby said:

Back at the beginning of 1983, I was a little 10 year old, and a friend of the family gave me and my sister a cassette that we listened to endlessly. This morning the memory of this tape popped into my head, so this morning I'm revisiting it.

Funny how songs from childhood have memories indelibly linked. Yesterday my mother and I drove down to collect my daughter (now in her 20's)  from Heathrow after three weeks away. We were talking about what Mum used to play in the car when she collected the kids from primary school, and what they wanted to hear, so we queued one particular song up ready to play on the way home. My daughter thought it was great, and then found a bunch of others on Spotify. 

So this is what I was listening to on the M40 yesterday:

The track Mum always used to have set on the cassette player in the car, so the kids could sing all the wrong words.

One of my daughter's favourites,  she still got all the words correct.

• Like 1

Furyon’s debut album Gravitas.

Far superior to their second and last album. Produced by Rick Beato. Huuuge sounding.

Before that I was on the new Florence Black album, Bed Of Nails, which is mighty.

Not sure if the neighbours agree, but.. 🤷🏼‍♂️