Why become a member? ×

Holy Cow - Another Bat Bass!

TimAl

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Hello there all,[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Thought I'd share with you my latest project Bat Bass - Holy Cow![/font][/color]

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][color=#000000]Firstly, apologies to [b]binky_bass[/b] who bought my first Bat Bass, but I've refined the idea somewhat & this Bat Bass is based upon a Squier body (bought from [b][color=#282828]Mark_88MPH [/color][/b]on this very forum) with a non-branded maple neck with truss road adjustment from the heel. [/color][/font][/size]

[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]A truly unique bass built by myself as I've always liked the idea of decoupaging an old Batman comic onto a bass, & this one is a genuine 1971 comic. In a nutshell, the process involves cutting out the comic & sticking it all over the body with PVA glue & then spraying clear lacquer over the top to give protection. I also commissioned a unique engraved scratchplate plus a bespoke headstock decal that's also lacquered & looks quite the part![/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]This is NOT a new bass & it was finished by hand so it does have some marks to it, along with the odd crease where the comic has been wrapped & stuck to the edges of the body - which is only natural! - but nothing at all that affects its playability![/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]I'm interested in all comments - good & bad![/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Cheers[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Tim[/font]

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][color=#000000][/color][/font][/size]

Edited by icastle

Thanks all - it's becoming a labour of love & I've got a few ideas for different themes - but suggestions are always welcome!

Fretmeister - the scratchplate was CNC routed - I'm a graphic designer by trade so it seemed an obvious thing to do. Funny you ask, because I'm in the process of launching a service offering this very thing - bespoke routed scratchplates - but it's currently still in test stage but I hope to be able to offer them in the next month or so, alongside a very different but perhaps visually more impressive process. Exciting times!

Mods - I don't know if the above para is forbidden or not. If it is, I am sorry & please delete. If it's ok, then may I shall SHOUT:
[size=5][b]EXCITING NEW SCRATCHPLATES COMING SOON![/b][/size]

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Thanks again all,
Tim.