Why become a member? ×

Why do people get so upset? its only the internet

Thunderbird

[quote name='Jus Lukin' timestamp='1403001711' post='2478670']
I was having lunch with a scouser the other day. I asked him "Do you like avocado?"

He replied, "Nah, I, don't even drive."
[/quote]

This has not had the recognition and round of applause it deserved.
:) :)
Claps

[quote name='Jus Lukin' timestamp='1403013580' post='2478844']
As with any joke, I'm just recycling it! :)
[/quote]

JL, I am glad you said that,
Hopefully it will stop some PC misery guts hopping along to tell you
it was kinda funny December 1963.
:D

[quote name='cclowend' timestamp='1403005427' post='2478714']
I myself asked a simple question the other day and was told to search the f*****g forum as it has already been discussed. No mods were contacted about this scathing attack and no tears were shed upon my Nokia lumia. I just took it as someone having a bad day/attitude/life and skipped merrily along my way.
[/quote]

Aye. I think you thought and acted wisely.
I must admit I sometimes feel a DaFS or RtFM coming up, but it never reaches the keyboard. Then I either see whether I can answer, or walk away without a word if the question seems a trifle too lazy.

[quote name='cclowend' timestamp='1403005427' post='2478714']
I like the plural of forum, very good. Sounds a bit like a flower.
[/quote]

:)
Actually, I prefer "forums" for this particular type of Internet based forum, but the "fora" version is so hard-coded in my brain that it sometimes is used without me even knowing.

I've kinda slipped away from OT. There's alot of the same people spouting the same old bollocks. Usually left wing, right on, philosophy 101. A bit like Rik Mayalls People's Poet in Young Ones. Probably googling the sh*t outta stuff to back up there arguments. Put presenting it as knowledge they've always had. Plus people don't take on what you say unless you are in the argument......tho perhaps its just me they ignore haha.

Bring back Dingus and Xilldx that's what I say. It was more fun and interesting then. Plus they usually sat opposite the bollocks in their views.

Shouldn't this be in OT...that's it. I'm telling a mod!

Edited by Lord Sausage

[quote name='Lord Sausage' timestamp='1403042913' post='2479281']
I've kinda slipped away from OT. There's alot of the same people spouting the same old bollocks. Usually left wing, right on, philosophy 101.
[/quote]

That's funny, I usually think it's right-wing Daily Mail-reading old bollocks. Are we looking at the same OT?

Shouldn't this be in OT...that's it. I'm telling a mod!
[/quote]

General Discussion pretty much IS Off-Topic... only with a post count.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1403045060' post='2479301']

That's funny, I usually think it's right-wing Daily Mail-reading old bollocks. Are we looking at the same OT?

General Discussion pretty much IS Off-Topic... only with a post count.
[/quote]
When you're a hardcore Nazi like me, everything is left wing. Ha ha......kidding

There's alot of the same people spouting the same old bollocks. Usually left wing, right on, philosophy 101. A bit like Rik Mayalls People's Poet in Young Ones. [/quote]

Yes, that must be it.

[quote]Probably googling the sh*t outta stuff to back up there arguments. Put presenting it as knowledge they've always had. [/quote]

Well in my case it's a Philosophy degree - well, joint honours in Mathematics and Philosophy if we're being picky - so I normally look to think it through for myself. Not knowledge I've always had to be sure, but a skillset that I have had for a little over 30 years. Can't speak for anybody else though...

Also I have a preference for presenting an argument rather than spouting off a load of old bollocks - but that could just be me being a bit old-school. ;)

[quote name='Stupid 101 Googling Left-Winger Arsehole Numpty']
Just treat people like you'd want them to treat you.
[/quote]

[quote name='Fair Politically Balanced Forum Resource']
Effin' bollocks, Stupid 101 Googling Left-Winger Arsehole Numpty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Yup! Seems about right. :P :D :ph34r:

Edited by BassTractor

What really gets me is when people ask proper questions and somebody takes the effort to reply with their views and then gets machine gunned. Sure sometimes their advice is poor or even totally wrong, but others just add the right answer. Why some choose to be so nasty is beyond me. On one forum I it called an idiot by one of the moderators for suggesting what I'd done myself, quite successfully quite a few times, because it wasn't 'normal' advice. Who cares?

[quote name='paulears' timestamp='1403075609' post='2479385']
Sure sometimes their advice is poor or even totally wrong, but others just add the right answer.
[/quote]

This.
...and even: I've seen several people giving that same poor or wrong advice, but stating: "this is probably poor or even totally wrong, but I hope it will spark someone in the know into answering better, coz upto now they've been silent".

I liked that to the degree of copying that technique.
However, recently it came back like a boomerang a few times when I was the only one who ever responded to honest questions. :( and :D
I suppose this has to do with forum fatigue in the sense that people of good will have answered the same question too often, and have become fed up.

Edited by BassTractor