Why become a member? ×

AKAI Deep Impact - Time Capsule (PRICE AMENDED) - SOLD
£2000

Ramjet

hello all,

Used to work in the music retail business and i was going through a sealed container of gear I have at home and came across a boxed / mint condition / never taken out the box / gigged or played Akai Deep Impact pedal.

Photos show that the instructions are still sealed in the original wrapper as is the unit.

Has been securely stored and is totally authentic.

Happy to answer all questions potential buyers may have.

Serious offers at c. £950- £1000.00 please; no interest and i'll stick it on ebay or stick it back in the time capsule for another 10 years :D

I have an AKAI Uni-bass in exactly the same condition - again, serious offers considered.

Collection only, cash on pick up.

I'm West Midlands based.

thanks.[attachment=159122:034.JPG][attachment=159123:035.JPG][attachment=159124:036.JPG][attachment=159125:037.JPG][attachment=159126:038.JPG][attachment=159127:039.JPG]

Edited by Ramjet

I can assure you all that April 1st is totally coincidental. :)

Price is based on fact that a couple of these @ 2nd hand have gone on ebay for £1800. this is effectively brand new.

as i said, if no-one's interested, ebay it will be!

[quote name='Ramjet' timestamp='1396299769' post='2412131']
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AKAI-DEEP-IMPACT-SB-1-Bass-Synthesizer-Guitar-Pedal-Chris-Wostenholme-Muse-/151255869690?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item23378d68fa#ht_8433wt_1030"]http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_8433wt_1030[/url]

not mine, but as an example of what these are going for when played in.[/quote]

We're all aware of what they go for on eBay. Anyway I'll say no more, you are of course entitled to ask whatever price you like.

[quote name='Ramjet' timestamp='1396349285' post='2412484']
if anyone was seriously interested, i'd happily arrange to meet them to look at the pedal(s) / plug it in / test it with their rig.
[/quote]

I don't think anyone is questioning the condition, the wow factor or anything about the pedal itself .....

Will be a nice add to my new overdrive:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klon-Centaur-Professional-Overdrive-Distorion-Pedal-Gold-Horsey-Centuar-/321354158215?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item4ad2335087

[quote name='topo morto' timestamp='1396359624' post='2412658']
We have a buyer! :yarr:
[/quote]

Alas I don't need a synth pedal at the moment but if I did this is the only one I'd go for. I've tried pretty much every synth pedal out there and, to my ears (plus a lot of heavyweight pro players) nothing else delivers the tone of a Deep Impact :)

I think its value is as a collectable, rather than being based on the quality of the pedal itself. I'll never forget having spent ages tracking one down, taking it round to burno's to put it through its paces and the expression on his face said it all when he asked me how much I had paid for it :blink: and that was at 200 quid ! I did sell it on at a small profit so if this one is new old stock it would be worth quite a bit to a collector or the pro players who can justify the expense.