Why become a member? ×

Dawn, no gig this weekend! No idea how to cope!

Telebass

I quite like a weekend off, tbh.... so yes, use it to go and support a band.
I hear many people bleat about supporting the live music scene round here
but I never EVER see the most vocal ones at our gigs...
So, yes, check out some bands... you might pick up something if only
things NOT to do.
And it always helps if the LL sees you supporting his place...and putting money back in
rather than taking it out all the time...

I've given up or passed on so much over the years because of gigging. I like time off from it. I have my boat , I like to walk across France or over the Pennine hills , I can get on with bits of recording for my own amusement , I can go to the ballet , I can paint up my tiny tanks and model a battleground for them etc etc. Gigging's a part of life - but life is bigger. I have a gig tonight but I'm heading for the 3 peaks tomorrow. Funnily enough the last time I was on top of Penyghent some hombre I don't know wandered straight up to me and said 'Dr f***ing Blue - great gig mate ' !!

Same here - one of the band is on holiday, so we've got some free time.

+1 on not being too fussed, we really hit it hard in February, so it's nice to kick back a bit.

Saturday night for me will most definitely be a few nice glasses of stout, some great music, good book, and quite possibly a bit of bass playing! :D[size=4] [/size]

[quote name='Dr.Dave' timestamp='1395489666' post='2402962']
I've given up or passed on so much over the years because of gigging. I like time off from it. I have my boat , I like to walk across France or over the Pennine hills , I can get on with bits of recording for my own amusement , I can go to the ballet , I can paint up my tiny tanks and model a battleground for them etc etc. [b]Gigging's a part of life - but life is bigger. [/b] I have a gig tonight but I'm heading for the 3 peaks tomorrow. Funnily enough the last time I was on top of Penyghent some hombre I don't know wandered straight up to me and said 'Dr f***ing Blue - great gig mate ' !!
[/quote]

Now there's a man with a great outlook! And one for the quotes thread I'd venture.

Cap duly doffed Doc.

[quote name='Dr.Dave' timestamp='1395489666' post='2402962']
I've given up or passed on so much over the years because of gigging. I like time off from it. I have my boat , I like to walk across France or over the Pennine hills , I can get on with bits of recording for my own amusement , I can go to the ballet , I can paint up my tiny tanks and model a battleground for them etc etc. Gigging's a part of life - but life is bigger. I have a gig tonight but I'm heading for the 3 peaks tomorrow. Funnily enough the last time I was on top of Penyghent some hombre I don't know wandered straight up to me and said 'Dr f***ing Blue - great gig mate ' !!
[/quote]
Excellent!

[quote name='Telebass' timestamp='1395527397' post='2403482']
Oh, and the thread title should have read 'damn', but Android autocorrected the little budgerigar. ..
[/quote]

Quite glad Dawn don't have a gig this weekend :o

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3ouKAhxZbQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3ouKAhxZbQ[/url]

Been band-free for a few months now and I really look forward to staying in and cooking up a great meal accompanied by a nice bottle of red . Plus I get more time to socialize and get to blow the dust off the classical guitar .

Probably start to miss gigging in a few months , but for now , it's no major biggie .

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1395483478' post='2402890']
I quite like a weekend off, tbh.... so yes, use it to go and support a band.
I hear many people bleat about supporting the live music scene round here
but I never EVER see the most vocal ones at our gigs...
So, yes, check out some bands... you might pick up something if only
things NOT to do.
And it always helps if the LL sees you supporting his place...and putting money back in
rather than taking it out all the time...
[/quote]

What's your band? I don't think I've seen a link to it's website on here.

I ended up starting a new job last week and had to break the news to my band, that they were going to have to do the UK tour without me. That was a difficult conversation :unsure: . Luckily they managed to get a dep. Thurs they were in London, Fri Nottingham, Sat Halifax, Sun Harrogate. Next week they do it all over again (without me).
They're back in Edinburgh this Saturday so I'll be able to play that one........unless they prefer the new guy over me. :blink: