Why become a member? ×

Went to Denmark st. To buy a guitar lead

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1395231064' post='2399933']
Under good old 'invitation to treat' legal rulings I don't think a shop has to sell at a price that's displayed so, if I'm correct, he could have refused your 'offer to buy' at the displayed price :(
[/quote]

Curses! That foils my plan to go down to Bass Gear and put some 99p stickers on the Ritters.

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1395231064' post='2399933']
Under good old 'invitation to treat' legal rulings I don't think a shop has to sell at a price that's displayed so, if I'm correct, he could have refused your 'offer to buy' at the displayed price :(
[/quote]

This is true, however I think unless its a glaring error, eg £1000 instead of £10000, then the shop would be best to sell it for the £10 and put it down to a mistake....

Very odd though...you would have thought they wouldn't have questioned it....

Similar thing happened to me once buying a chromatic tuner. £16 down to £12.

Got myself a £3.99 meal deal at Sainsburys - gave the change to a tubercular Victorian prostitute who cried: 'Gawd love yer, Sir! Now I can repair my barrel organ.'

[size=3]The fruits of charity[/size]

[size=3].[/size]

Edited by skankdelvar

I uploaded a set of prices to our website. Due to some quirk with decimal places, something that should be sold for £130 was listed at £13. Obviously some bright spark ordered loads at £13 to sell on. I apologised for the error and explained that I'd have to cancel and refund. They went mental about trading standards and false advertising.

Funny thing was a guy in our warehouse saw it too and asked if he could have the lot at £13 to flog on Ebay! Cheeky bastard!

You'd get a few sandwiches for £117! No Tesco big eat chicken and stuffing though, they're long gone, never to be seen again

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1395231321' post='2399939']
This is correct.
[/quote]

It's correct, but the law is a minimum that the shop has to do. "Good customer relations" and "good business management" go beyond what the law requires.

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1395242488' post='2400111']
I uploaded a set of prices to our website. Due to some quirk with decimal places, something that should be sold for £130 was listed at £13. Obviously some bright spark ordered loads at £13 to sell on. I apologised for the error and explained that I'd have to cancel and refund. They went mental about trading standards and false advertising.

Funny thing was a guy in our warehouse saw it too and asked if he could have the lot at £13 to flog on Ebay! Cheeky bastard!

You'd get a few sandwiches for £117! No Tesco big eat chicken and stuffing though, they're long gone, never to be seen again
[/quote]

I'm no lawyer, but I believe that there is a difference between a mistaken price that is obviously an error, and a mistaken price which is plausible. However, there is also the problem that the law allows the terms and conditions of online websites to delay the formal creation of a contract until ridiculously late in the process, e.g. even after the business has charged the card and sent an acceptance email.

Edited by Annoying Twit

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1395243384' post='2400127']
I love when people get all high and mighty about this. Or when they say they will "see you in court" over something like £30 :lol:
[/quote]

The thing is a lot of shop/office workers will fall for it and capitulate. Fair enough, lose £2.50 for good customer relations, but £117 x 10 units! Not going to happen

Funnily enough, a few days ago I spotted a very upmarket bass for sale at a well-known shop for one tenth of its' correct price , which in this case is a few grand. Of course, I wasn't daft enough to mention it on this site, where it would inevitably have led to the usual jobsworths telling us how the shop are now obliged to actually sell it to them for that price. They are not, and they wouldn't have done, but I suppose it would have been interesting to hear what kind of rebuttal each individual chancer would have got . Just had a look on the shop's website and the bass is priced at its' true value , so no doubt someone else has drawn their attention to the error, no doubt by trying to walk away with it for Argos money.

Edited by Dingus

Why did Tesco stop doing the big chicken and stuffing wedge? It had loads of mayo and the stuffing was some sort of pork, sage, onion etc. It was my post gig snack of choice. I replaced it with a 4 pack of ale. I've considered suing tescos for causing my liver damage but that's probably pushing my luck a bit far.

When you buy a pre-packed sandwich with onion, it has spring onion or red onion. When you buy a freshly made sandwich you get big chunky bits of white onion. I want fresh, but I don't want to stink for 2 days!

The sausage sandwich is without a doubt the greatest culinary creation ever made, but to really pull it off, you need a good sausage. Why do no sandwich shops use decent sausages?!? There's one locally to me which is next door to a butchers, but she buys massive bags of cheap frozen sausages which basically taste like cardboad.

Edited by cheddatom