Why become a member? ×

NBD Limelight Guitars

peety

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1403710627' post='2485536']
Somebody has just placed an order for the same as the Burgundy Mist 64, except.
1. Lightly reliced.
2. Sea Foam Green with matching headstock.
3. BROWN TORTIE PLATE, yes discreet BROWN TORTIE PLATE :P

The wait begins. It will be worth it. :)
[/quote] I'm jealous! I feel limelight GAS for a P with jazz neck....ah just remembered I'm skint...8)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1403727628' post='2485747']
Taste and discernment are [i]very [/i]subjective... but it's quite wrong of course. Still... I don't have to look at it, do I? :P
How long have you been quoted for completion, Karl? Is Mark's lead time getting longer yet? :)
[/quote]

Am I speaking to this censor of taste????? Yeah, he can't help being southern :lol: You will look at it my lad :P
To be honest Mark, I didn't ask.
When I had my SEI made I was quoted 4 months, it ended up being 10.
I am that much in love with my MEXICAN FSR, waiting isn't really an issue. At Friday night's gig I actually had a punter come up and say that the bass just seemed to be an extension of my body.
He's out of hospital tomorrow the cheeky git :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1405448563' post='2502006']
It's finished! Just waiting for delivery now :-)
[/quote]

Lush.

I haven't chipped in to a Limelight thread for, oooh... a couple of weeks now, but I just have to say my J is still blowing me away whenever I play it. It's incredible.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1405449084' post='2502016']
...I just have to say my J is still blowing me away whenever I play it. It's incredible.
[/quote]

I have to say the same... :)

[/quote]

Ooh. Detailed pics and sound files asap, please! Spitfire tort guard incoming..?

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1405450364' post='2502038']
Ooh. Detailed pics and sound files asap, please! Spitfire tort guard incoming..?
[/quote]

Itll probably be next week by the time I get a chance to do sound files. The spitfire 'guard MAY get ordered depending on whether or not I like the look of yours and I don't like mine. I actually like it looking at the pics so far though!

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1405450790' post='2502044']
Itll probably be next week by the time I get a chance to do sound files. The spitfire 'guard MAY get ordered depending on whether or not I like the look of yours and I don't like mine. I actually like it looking at the pics so far though!
[/quote]

Lovely. I'd just like to say for the record that there is [i]nothing whatsoever wrong[/i] with Limelight tort guards, and Mark does a really excellent relic job on them - it's just that Spitfire guards are so damn luscious, groovy, 3D and extremely desirable! Ohh. Mine's just been despatched from California and is winging it's way to discreet towers as I type...

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1405451051' post='2502049']

Lovely. I'd just like to say for the record that there is [i]nothing whatsoever wrong[/i] with Limelight tort guards, and Mark does a really excellent relic job on them - it's just that Spitfire guards are so damn luscious, groovy, 3D and extremely desirable! Ohh. Mine's just been despatched from California and is winging it's way to discreet towers as I type...

[/quote]

Nah, that's horrible, feel free to send it to me when it arrives and I'll, um, think of some way of disposing of it.....

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1405451051' post='2502049']

[/quote] That tort looks yummy, especially on a sonic blue bass :P . I still keeping looking at that Red P on Marks site....must resist the looming GAS.

[quote name='Raslee' timestamp='1405453799' post='2502101']
That tort looks yummy, especially on a sonic blue bass :P .
[/quote]

Sonic Blue?? It's for a Blonde bass... this here is a pic of a genuine 60 stacker and a real vintage tort guard:

Maybe I'm biased, but I think my guard is more interesting than this one... :D

[quote name='martthebass' timestamp='1405453557' post='2502098']
Nah, that's horrible, feel free to send it to me when it arrives and I'll, um, think of some way of disposing of it.....
[/quote]

:D

marts' '63 j is a magnificent sounding, looking and feeling bass, I met it last night and was totally impressed! ...even if it had been way more expensive than it was!!

[quote name='martthebass' timestamp='1405453557' post='2502098']
Nah, that's horrible, feel free to send it to me when it arrives and I'll, um, think of some way of disposing of it...
[/quote]

Aww... OK then. :( I thought it was quite good. :(

:P[size=4] [/size]

Edited by discreet

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1405454114' post='2502107']

:D

marts' '63 j is a magnificent sounding, looking and feeling bass, I met it last night and was totally impressed! ...even if it had been way more expensive than it was!!
[/quote]

Cheers Andy. Always nice to meet a fellow BCer, looking forward to catching you guys when yore playing locally.

[quote name='martthebass' timestamp='1405456075' post='2502134']
Cheers Andy. Always nice to meet a fellow BCer, looking forward to catching you guys when yore playing locally.
[/quote]

absolutely mate, nice to have 'normal' conversation for a change ;)

you'd be most welcome at any of our gigs :)
24th August Cross Scythes Woodseats (3pm)
The rest are evenings...
31st August the Hop (Shef)
19th September the Cremorne (Shef)
24th Septembr the Green Room (Shef)
1st November Shakespeares (Shef)
we kinda need some October gigs...mebbe Rotherham or Barnsley...?

Anyway...back on topic!!

I reckon I'd go for a '60 stack knob j in medium relic, shame he doesn't do sunburst so either oly white or black with a black scratchplate.

I was proper impressed with marts'!!

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1405457028' post='2502148']
24th August Cross Scythes Woodseats (3pm)
The rest are evenings...
31st August the Hop (Shef)
19th September the Cremorne (Shef)
24th Septembr the Green Room (Shef)
1st November Shakespeares (Shef)
[/quote]

That takes me back! Lived and gigged in Sheffield for 4 years. I ran the acoustic night at what was 'Olive' on Division St (now Gatsby) for 2 of those years.

Just arranged delivery for Friday. Needless to say im excited! With that in mind, it'll be the middle of next week by the time I get a chance to upload any sound files :-)

Edited by skej21

[/quote]
Looks cracking that! Impressed with the detail!

I think that's the level of relicing I'd like on mine, when I order it! What level did you ask for?