Why become a member? ×

NBD Limelight Guitars

peety

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1402944437' post='2478180']

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/239185-nbd-limelight-63-jazz-medium-relic/page__view__findpost__p__2478178"]Go on, then...[/url]
[/quote]

Sounds ace!

[quote name='bakerster135' timestamp='1402905102' post='2477620']
Fortunately Mark doesn't accept credit card, otherwise I'd have that burgundy mist jazz bass in my mitts right now, and be paying it off! ;-)...When he's back from hols he's hopefully going to start work on one of these for me [url="http://www.frettedamericana.com/product/1966-fender-jazz-bass-2"]http://www.frettedam...der-jazz-bass-2[/url] :-)
[/quote]

Can Mark do a 66 jazz with dots and binding?

[quote name='Christian Houmann' timestamp='1403180135' post='2480516']
He did not when I wrote him oct last year. But very cool if he is offering it now
[/quote]

Ah I didn;t realise you'd already asked him about it.... Thinking about it, as he buys the necks in I doubt anyone is making dot and bound necks?

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1403180447' post='2480525']
Ah I didn;t realise you'd already asked him about it.... Thinking about it, as he buys the necks in I doubt anyone is making dot and bound necks?
[/quote]

I'm not sure if D'n'B is possible, but I asked him recently about a block'n'bound P neck.

He said he could do a J but not a P, but it would be expensive.

[quote name='Christian Houmann' timestamp='1403181549' post='2480542']
Mark said that he could do a 66 jazz if I could find a D&B neck for him. But I can't...
[/quote]

Get a warmoth neck? In the 'build' section they have the option of creating a neck with binding and dots...

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1403180447' post='2480525']

[/quote]

He may have a problem getting the "lollipop" tuners too, to complete the look. They seem pretty rare...

[quote name='bakerster135' timestamp='1403250479' post='2481066']

He may have a problem getting the "lollipop" tuners too, to complete the look. They seem pretty rare...
[/quote]

But since they'll be reliced anyway you could grind the top edge of a clover leaf tuner down to get the look right. Someone put a link up here recently to someone doing just that.

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1403256163' post='2481157']
But since they'll be reliced anyway you could grind the top edge of a clover leaf tuner down to get the look right. Someone put a link up here recently to someone doing just that.
[/quote]

Hipshot do 'lollipop' tuners. The 'HB2 Lollypop', I believe.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1403257587' post='2481185']

Hipshot do 'lollipop' tuners. The 'HB2 Lollypop', I believe.
[/quote]

Also true... But they'll have hipshot visibly stamped on them. Depends how precious you are about the relic idea I suppose!

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1403257872' post='2481186']
Also true... But they'll have hipshot visibly stamped on them. Depends how precious you are about the relic idea I suppose!
[/quote]

True again, but the back of the headstock will also have Mark's Limelight serial number written on it with a Sharpie, so it's all about what it looks like from the front in my humble opinion. :)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1403258080' post='2481188']

True again, but the back of the headstock will also have Mark's Limelight serial number written on it with a Sharpie, so it's all about what it looks like from the front in my humble opinion. :)
[/quote]

Entirely agree! Just playing devil's advocate. The more I look at these the more interested I become. I've wanted a Fender Roadworn P for a while after having a positive experience with the Jazz version, but think I'd rather have one of these. Especially if they'd be up for putting a second p pickup nearer the bridge like ezbass did with his Roadworn a few years back...

Edited by Bigwan

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1403258735' post='2481195']
...think I'd rather have one of these. Especially if they'd be up for putting a second p pickup nearer the bridge like ezbass did with his Roadworn a few years back...
[/quote]

I'm quite sure that could be arranged. My Jazz is being despatched on the 24th so I'm all agog and waiting with bated trousers.
Review and sound files pending...

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1403258887' post='2481197']

I'm quite sure that could be arranged. My Jazz is being despatched on the 24th so I'm all agog and waiting with bated trousers.
Review and sound files pending...
[/quote]

Excellent! I may go and crack an email off to discuss possibilities...

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1403259000' post='2481198']
Excellent! I may go and crack an email off to discuss possibilities...
[/quote]

You may have to wait a little while for a reply - Mark's away until the 24th, so probably will have a backlog of emails... :)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1403261827' post='2481230']

You may have to wait a little while for a reply - Mark's away until the 24th, so probably will have a backlog of emails... :)
[/quote]

Yes just got his 'out of office' reply!

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1403258735' post='2481195']

Entirely agree! Just playing devil's advocate. The more I look at these the more interested I become. I've wanted a Fender Roadworn P for a while after having a positive experience with the Jazz version, but think I'd rather have one of these. Especially if they'd be up for putting a second p pickup nearer the bridge like ezbass did with his Roadworn a few years back...
[/quote]

So they won't route for extra pickups and would have to source a sunburst body from somewhere as they don't spray 'burst finishes... Must really want one, cos now I'm disappointed!!!

Sunburst isn't the end of the world, and I suppose I could bust out my dad's router and do the bridge pickup myself if it came to it... Still mighty interested!

Edited by Bigwan

Further update - Marks says he CAN get an extra pickup installed. Backup plan of LPB or Burgundy Mist (with matching headstock of course!) might come in to play if I go ahead, as sunburst is a bit of a problem... Also inquired about early 50s style p bass builds and they're possible too.

Edited by Bigwan

Somebody has just placed an order for the same as the Burgundy Mist 64, except.
1. Lightly reliced.
2. Sea Foam Green with matching headstock.
3. BROWN TORTIE PLATE, yes discreet BROWN TORTIE PLATE :P

The wait begins. It will be worth it. :)

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1403710627' post='2485536']
Somebody has just placed an order for the same as the Burgundy Mist 64, except.
1. Lightly reliced.
2. Sea Foam Green with matching headstock.

The wait begins. It will be worth it. :)
[/quote]

Sounds amazing!

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1403710627' post='2485536']
[/quote]

Taste and discernment are [i]very [/i]subjective... but it's quite wrong of course. Still... I don't have to look at it, do I? :P
How long have you been quoted for completion, Karl? Is Mark's lead time getting longer yet? :)