Why become a member? ×

NBD Limelight Guitars

peety

Just taken delivery of a very heavily relic'd P Bass made for me by Mark of Classic and Cool guitars. Bass is olympic white over sunburst.

i'm aware peoples opinions of relic'd basses are subjective, i happen to like them but couldn't justify paying £1500 + for a Bravewood or a Nash, so having read a couple of threads and done some research about Limelight i decided to give Mark a call.

Mark was more than helpful, very informative and kept me updated throughout the process which took about 8-10 weeks.

Gigged the bass first time at weekend plays really well nice, light, resonant does exactly what a P bass should, arrived really well set up after my discussions with how i liked the action i was able to play it straight out of the case.

So i just thought i'd give Mark a namecheck on here and put a couple of pictures of the bass on to give anyone interested a look at his work, as i said i'm aware everyone is not a fan of this type of bass and i'm not intending to start a discussion on the merits of it.

Cheers Steve

[attachment=153013:BASS 1.JPG] [attachment=153014:BASS 2.JPG]

Thanks gents as i said i know this sort of thing divides opinion and to be fair this is seriously heavily relic'd, but i like it, i've got a couple of Laklands that are pristine so this is a guilty pleasure and something different.

, my main reason for listing was to give Mark a namecheck and to say he is a really great guy to deal with and for anyone interested in dealing with Mark you can do so with total confidence.

Cheers Steve

• 3 months later...

Just bought one, and sh*t me if it isn't the best P I ever played. Fantastic pickups, great feel sound and look. I'm going to be recording with it at some point in the future so I'll post the sound clips, since I see a lot of people curious about these basses, but not enough people confident to invest in one.

Love mine to bits.
I specc'd a heavy relic, I call it my "rat bass" It's everything I hoped it would be and couldn't be happier with it. Yes they divide opinion but who gives a monkeys, it's mine that counts
Plays a treat and sounds ace.
As Peety says, Mark is a top bloke as well.
Limelight No 00124
B)

Edited by kennyrodg

Apologies for hijacking your thread peety, sorry bud, not my intention at all, I just wanted to add to the love.
I didn't really spec it as such. I asked for a 57/ 58 P Bass, reverse tuners, Burst, Maple but with a Jazz Neck, oh and bashed about a bit.
As for the sunburst bodies, when I got mine they were using used bodies as they couldn't do the Burst them selves. I think that might have changed now though although I'm not certain.
Nice looking bass though Peety. I hope you have as much fun with yours etc etc.
B)

Put the deposit down on my build earlier this week. 63 Jazz clone, medium relic, black, rosewood with clay dots, hardware tarnished but not rusty/gunky. It'll be replacing my go to VM77 Jazz that regenerated my love for Jazzes. Should get it just in time for the summer season gigs!

Edited by martthebass

[quote name='kennyrodg' timestamp='1398346256' post='2433215']
Love mine to bits.
I specc'd a heavy relic, I call it my "rat bass" It's everything I hoped it would be and couldn't be happier with it. Yes they divide opinion but who gives a monkeys, it's mine that counts
Plays a treat and sounds ace.
As Peety says, Mark is a top bloke as well.
Limelight No24
B)
[/quote]

Sob :(

Very nice

[quote name='njr911' timestamp='1398710768' post='2436869']
watching with interest....mmm burgundy mist
[/quote]

+1 to that! Really liking the look of these. I'd sworn off jazz basses and am mid clear out, but even still... Very tempting...

Well mine is now ready other than the set up so I'll be getting to grips with her next week. In the end it's on the heavy side of medium-relic as I took one that was nearly finished. The body is heavy relic, the neck medium and the metal work is tarnished but not rusty or gunky in line with my original spec. Anyway this is worthless without pics, so here we go:

Edited by martthebass