Why become a member? ×

NBD Limelight Guitars

peety

[quote name='cana.dan' timestamp='1400269491' post='2452553']
Hmmm, I have been wanting a relic'd p bass for a while now...

Anyone fancy pming me to give me a rough idea of price?
[/quote]

Just email mark. He's a lovely bloke and would respond swiftly with a quote.

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1400264364' post='2452483']
You'll have to wait and see!... Ah go on then.

Lightly relic'd '60s precision bass, jazz-width neck with rosewood 'board (clay dot inlays & hand rolled fingerboard edges), Olympic White with 4 ply nitro tortoise shell 'plate and all the vintage style hardware/pickup wiring etc.

Can't wait!!
[/quote]

Can't wait to see piccys!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1401197598' post='2461009']
Oh God, Mark has a Burgundy Mist J and Fiesta Red P, both reliced, on his site at the moment.
Really struggling to avoid the J :unsure:
[/quote]

I was just looking at that Jazz. It's absolutely incredible! I'm quite glad my money is tied up in a precision from him already. On the plus side, the more basses I see from him, the more I'm looking forward to mine being finished!

Quick link for anyone who is interested - http://www.classicandcoolguitars.co.uk/basses/limelight00130jbass.htm

Edited by skej21

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1401245776' post='2461624']
Skej, what sort of lead time did Mark quote you please?
[/quote]

I sent off my bass to him just under a week ago for the part-ex. He said he is away in holiday for a week or so then he's going to get on it when he gets back but told me he'd aim for the end of June. Time will tell how long it actually takes (and I'm in no rush!) but he is very efficient with communications and details for the build so I fully expect him to keep his word and deliver as agreed. Everything I've heard from him so far would indicate he's a top bloke to deal with!

Although, if we keep bombarding him with work, the times quoted may start to get longer lol.

Have emailed an enquiry off, though an automated response came straight back, seems he's on his holidays until the 2nd of June, he's gonna have a nasty load of emails to answer next week! ;)

Still really want to hear one before I commit to anything!

[quote name='JamesBass' timestamp='1401444648' post='2463630']
Have emailed an enquiry off, though an automated response came straight back, seems he's on his holidays until the 2nd of June, he's gonna have a nasty load of emails to answer next week! ;)

Still really want to hear one before I commit to anything!
[/quote]

I'll do my best to quickly get a recording up of mine when I have it. It might be a few weeks though!

[quote name='JamesBass' timestamp='1401450666' post='2463749']

Awesome, yours a P? If so what sort of spec you gone for? :)
[/quote]

It is indeed. Spec is posted a few pages back I think! Don't want to post it twice.

Edited by skej21

So with my 21st birthday now only 3 months away, my parents have said they will get me one of these basses or something similar, however at £795 for the 1962 spec P bass I'm yearning for, I feel that's an absolute snip! So I'm now eagerly awaiting sound clips from Skej when he gets his and has the chance to up load it! ;)

[quote name='UglyDog' timestamp='1401727683' post='2466248']
Oh good lord :o
[url="http://www.classicandcoolguitars.co.uk/basses/limelight00130jbass.htm"]http://www.classicandcoolguitars.co.uk/basses/limelight00130jbass.htm[/url]

Nurse, my pills...
[/quote]

The next build after mine. This spec was my second choice. I must stop looking at his site!
A couple of weeks on and mine is still getting plenty of play, got a run of gigs in July and can't wait to give it a proper airing in public.

Here we go, then... Fender Jazz 1960 YOB.
Started a new thread so as not to clutter up this one with loads of pics... :)

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/238397-nbd-limelight-fender-jazz-1960-yob/page__pid__2468168#entry2468168"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/238397-nbd-limelight-fender-jazz-1960-yob/page__pid__2468168#entry2468168[/url]