Why become a member? ×

NBD Limelight Guitars

peety

[quote name='UglyDog' timestamp='1399552106' post='2445222']
I sincerely hope they don't. Otherwise my GAS for a CAR Jazz with blocks/binding & matching headstock may become too great to withstand.
[/quote]

That sounds lovely...you should do it ;)

[quote name='njr911' timestamp='1399533233' post='2445009']
Please stop.

At some point I'm going to ask Mark about a Stack knob Jazz in Burgundy Mist with matching h/s.

But I'm trying not too
[/quote]

Please do. Preferably light relic.
Please post answers.
I'm already saving up at the very thought :gas:

OK this thread is going to have to stop. It's bad for my wallet and therefore my personal safety if Mrs ead finds out I'm reading this kind of material on the interweb.

However.....should I wish to (misguidedly) enquire about a Limelight version of a YOB bass as I cannot afford a 1960 original, where could information about about what was in production at that time be found?

This is all hypothetical of course :ph34r:

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1399824363' post='2448027']
OK this thread is going to have to stop. It's bad for my wallet and therefore my personal safety if Mrs ead finds out I'm reading this kind of material on the interweb.

However.....should I wish to (misguidedly) enquire about a Limelight version of a YOB bass as I cannot afford a 1960 original, where could information about about what was in production at that time be found?

This is all hypothetical of course :ph34r:
[/quote]

Alain, in the interest of subterfuge, get it delivered to me , ring me when the coast is clear and I will bring it round :lol:

Oh, and the following is the kind of thing in 1960 (not mine sadly) http://basschat.co.uk/topic/229141-for-sale-fender-custom-shop-60-nos/

Edited by karlfer

We'll I did say I'd post a few pics when I got chance. My 63JB is getting a bit of attention play wise but below shows some if the construction and relic details.
Firstly.....I do believe that is a slab board.
Secondly, hole drilled on the back of the headstock where the 'missing' third strap pin should be.
Thirdly, crack in the scratch plate.

As said before, not to everyone's taste but the attention to detail is pretty good at this price point.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1399834986' post='2448188']
Alain, in the interest of subterfuge, get it delivered to me , ring me when the coast is clear and I will bring it round :lol:

Oh, and the following is the kind of thing in 1960 (not mine sadly) [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/229141-for-sale-fender-custom-shop-60-nos/"]http://basschat.co.u...om-shop-60-nos/[/url]
[/quote]

Thanks Karl, not doubt you'll treasure it as one of your own, and keep it safe in a temperature comtrolled and secure environment and not even glance at it sideways? :D

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1399843041' post='2448324']
Thanks Karl, not doubt you'll treasure it as one of your own, and keep it safe in a temperature comtrolled and secure environment and not even glance at it sideways? :D
[/quote]

Aye, right :lol:

[quote name='martthebass' timestamp='1399840192' post='2448278']
We'll I did say I'd post a few pics when I got chance. My 63JB is getting a bit of attention play wise but below shows some if the construction and relic details.
Secondly, hole drilled on the back of the headstock where the 'missing' third strap pin should be.

As said before, not to everyone's taste but the attention to detail is pretty good at this price point.
[/quote]

Holy Smokes... that looks a super bit of kit... I love the attention to detail.
Looks more authentic than my 62!

Enjoy!

[quote name='martthebass' timestamp='1399840192' post='2448278']

[/quote]

Loving these limelights! Got mine last month, can't get enough of it, here's mine the day it was delivered at work. Sorry it's wonky, I cannot figure why..

It might be useful if the Limelight owners in the room could upload some sound samples... One of the stumbling blocks when I was looking at buying one was that I didn't know how their pickups sounded or the tone in general (the other being the lack of 3TS). I'm sure some of the potentials buyers would love to hear them!

Wish I had a way of recording a decent sound.

When I first got it I went through my iRig/iPad and it didn't impress me - the tone of the bridge pup sounded a bit weak and I was going to lift the bridge pup. Fortunately I waited until I could get a proper listen through my MB set up.....the sound was much better balanced and authoritative. I won't make that mistake again.

TBH I always consider the pups as an easily changeable beast....I was well prepared to change out for some FCS, however I won't be doing that, the sound from mine is much better than I expected with more subtleties than any Jazz I've owned before.

You'll have to wait and see!... Ah go on then.

Lightly relic'd '60s precision bass, jazz-width neck with rosewood 'board (clay dot inlays & hand rolled fingerboard edges), Olympic White with 4 ply nitro tortoise shell 'plate and all the vintage style hardware/pickup wiring etc.

Can't wait!!

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1400264364' post='2452483']
You'll have to wait and see!... Ah go on then.

Lightly relic'd '60s precision bass, jazz-width neck with rosewood 'board (clay dot inlays & hand rolled fingerboard edges), Olympic White with 4 ply nitro tortoise shell 'plate and all the vintage style hardware/pickup wiring etc.

Can't wait!!
[/quote]

That sounds incredible.