Why become a member? ×

Thomann selling Harley Benton basses as 'Decoration only'

Annoying Twit

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1438938250' post='2838752']
I don't think we're ever going to find out why these instruments are described as 'dekos'.
[/quote]
Well there was bound to be one....
Having extolled the virtues of my 5 string koostik and the fact several of my bass playing buddies couldn't find a thing wrong with it, our vocalist ordered a 4 string for a present for our female vox.
This is what turned up........ A REAL DEKO.
[attachment=198093:Harley Broken.jpg]

Not a particularly good pic as taken with an iPhone and not sure if it just a laquer crack or the actual body. I'll get to see it in the flesh tomorrow.
So don't assume that every one of them will be perfect.

They're not all perfect. My acoustic has some finish flaws.

Peering at your photo, I think it is just a lacquer crack. If it is deeper, and you've just received it, don't forget that you can return it if you want.

On the other hand, there's this video:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQw3BRQnLPU[/media]

Edited by Annoying Twit

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1438962240' post='2839039']
They're not all perfect. My acoustic has some finish flaws.

Peering at your photo, I think it is just a lacquer crack. If it is deeper, and you've just received it, don't forget that you can return it if you want.
[/quote]
I'll get a good look tomorrow and as it isn't mine it's up to the singist to decide. If it is only cracked lacquer, for £40 I'd keep it.

Don't know if this has been mentioned but the mobile version has a filter for "only in stock "dekos.
Brings it into line with the desktop version,I never understand why Thomann still list sold out models,they do the same on the " blow out " pages.
" Here's what you could have got " is no help.

Ha, my will power grows stronger!

Just saw the £19 P bass and thought "ooh, a black P body for my project"

Got all the way to the confirm order page and decided to empty the basket instead!

I don't need one just yet...

[quote name='Andytre' timestamp='1439316803' post='2841878']
[url="https://m.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_jb_75_sb_vintage_serie_deko.htm?o=4&ref=mal_a_4&search=1439312033"]https://m.thomann.de...arch=1439312033[/url]

Jazz bass popped up on mobile site, I got one of these and it was good apart from a dead spot on the neck
[/quote]

Still there on main site, rosewood or maple. Also bass uke. Progressives bass gone after almost 2 weeks.

[quote name='Shockwave' timestamp='1439372140' post='2842173']
Tried ordering one late last night and just got a rejection email.
[/quote]

oh bugger.... Which one? I just ordered the maple neck version and I have an order confirmation but not a shipping confirmation so I'll miss out as well then I guess.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1439372533' post='2842180']

oh bugger.... Which one? I just ordered the maple neck version and I have an order confirmation but not a shipping confirmation so I'll miss out as well then I guess.
[/quote]

I didn't see a maple one last night, just rosewood one. So you might be lucky.

[quote name='Shockwave' timestamp='1439374449' post='2842203']
I didn't see a maple one last night, just rosewood one. So you might be lucky.
[/quote]

I don't think the order confirmation means anything, I believe it's the shipping confirmation that counts so I'll hold out for that...

Besides I have no idea why I bought it, so no disaster if I don't get it :blink:

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='pfretrock' timestamp='1439369331' post='2842152']
Still there on main site, rosewood or maple. Also bass uke. Progressives bass gone after almost 2 weeks.
[/quote]

After you posted I noticed that my program wasn't running. I started it up and there are LOADS of dekos.

EDIT: Jazz basses are still on main list even though they are sold out. Ukulele bass is 'on request'. Some acoustic guitars too. Still some acoustic basses.

Edited by Annoying Twit

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1439380690' post='2842285']
I do not want a fretless Ukele Bass...... do not want a fretless Ukele Bass...... do not want a fretless Ukele Bass...... do not want a fretless Ukele Bass......
[/quote]

I think you're lying....I think you're lying....I think you're lying....I think you're lying.... :happy:

Woo! i popped a maple neck on my deko jazz as the rosewood one had dead spots and i love it, cheapest bass i own and normally the one i pick up for mucking about at home! I also manged to convince myself i didnt need a progressive deko for a project as iv got far too many basses and guitars now, so glad they've finally gone!

[quote name='Jonnyboy Rotten' timestamp='1439381719' post='2842297']
I think you're lying....I think you're lying....I think you're lying....I think you're lying.... :happy:
[/quote]

I'm actually in the midst of converting a Progressive 5 String to Fretless, so can't really justify two Fretless Basses...can I?

[quote name='Shockwave' timestamp='1439372140' post='2842173']
Tried ordering one late last night and just got a rejection email.
[/quote]

Sorry, it was me :D
Woke up at night, needed to go to the bathroom, took my smartphone with me - because for longer sitting reasons....
and the Jazz was available, half sleeping bought it... still half sleeping - terrible night :swoon:

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1439385562' post='2842357']
I'm actually in the midst of converting a Progressive 5 String to Fretless, so can't really justify two Fretless Basses...can I?
[/quote]

Probably yes :yarr: - if it was two fretless bass guitars then fair enough. But this is fretless bass Uke! Very different from the bass guitar in every way other than the tuning of the strings!

Edit - ...and for deko prices it would be rude not to! :P

Edited by Jonnyboy Rotten