Why become a member? ×

Thomann selling Harley Benton basses as 'Decoration only'

Annoying Twit

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1437675408' post='2828155']
£18? Spendthrift!

Congratulations on the shipping confirmation.
[/quote]

I can see this deko thing becoming an issue... Is there some sort of priory style rehab clinic for hooked bass players I can go to get clean?

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1437676402' post='2828167']
Rob I joined the Bass Hoarding Personality Disorder group over on TB.

It's been a great help,as things here grew my fellow sufferers were there to support me in a guilt-free manner.
[/quote]

I joined TB yesterday to talk about Wals... :blush: ... some of those guys have the hoarding thing and the Wal thing going on at the same time :blink:

Edited by CamdenRob

Dekos might be a reasonable strategy in case of bass hoarding. In that they only cost £20-50 each, so there is less financial damage through buying a lot of them. Unless you have to build an extension to your house in order to keep them all.

It looks like everything is sold out now, except for the left handed Jazz Bass. And the black acoustic bass is still available. But, it does look like we managed a good haul from this batch.

Who was it that wanted a four string fretted bass, but they wanted the natural one? I feel your pain at having the black one available for so long, but neither hide nor hair has been seen of the natural for a long time.

My parcel-force employed friend was very pleased to hear of the shipping confirmation email. It's most likely going to be him delivering the next batch to me. I've asked him to leave it with me for a day or so, so that I can check it.

Edited by Annoying Twit

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1437724000' post='2828444']
Dekos might be a reasonable strategy in case of bass hoarding. In that they only cost £20-50 each, so there is less financial damage through buying a lot of them. Unless you have to build an extension to your house in order to keep them all.
[/quote]

I think the best collections are those that are amassed over time, each instrument considered and bought individually, but buying loads of dekos in one go could certainly fill a room or two... they are such excellent value.

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1437724623' post='2828455']
Odd, they seem to have dispatched my order as two separate packages.
[/quote]

Yes, to avoid issues at the Channel Ports, they separate the bodies and necks now and ship them in different boxes. However full instructions are included to build them back again....

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1437725509' post='2828467']
Yes, to avoid issues at the Channel Ports, they separate the bodies and necks now and ship them in different boxes. However full instructions are included to build them back again....
[/quote]

Is that because the boxes are then small enough that an immigrant can't hide themselves inside it?! :ph34r:

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1437724438' post='2828451']
Is it wrong that I see that as something to aspire too? :mellow:
[/quote]
Of course not but according to the bass hoarding group I'm passed level 5!!!

[b][b]21+ Final Stage[/b]. [/b][color=#D0D0D0][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]You made it. You are the happiest of the hoarders. You no longer deny or try to mask your disorder. Your attitude has evolved to the point of -what the ****!- “I am a hoarder, so what?!” You snicker at the noobs posting how many basses they have and scoff at their attempts to attain approval and otherwise normalize their behavior. You rarely respond to posts involving these matters unless it is to set someone straight on the matter, and you end your posts with an exclamation mark.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1437724000' post='2828444']
Who was it that wanted a four string fretted bass, but they wanted the natural one? I feel your pain at having the black one available for so long, but neither hide nor hair has been seen of the natural for a long time.
[/quote]

That would be me. I'm trying to hold out but I keep having to stop myself from clicking. I'll wait a little longer but I'll probably end up buying a black one.

[quote name='Myke' timestamp='1437737034' post='2828623']
That would be me. I'm trying to hold out but I keep having to stop myself from clicking. I'll wait a little longer but I'll probably end up buying a black one.
[/quote]

You can gaurantee that the day after you buy the black on a natural one will become available...