Why become a member? ×

Thomann selling Harley Benton basses as 'Decoration only'

Annoying Twit

[quote name='Maude' timestamp='1436253221' post='2816341']
Why do I keep checking every evening and morning for dekos?

I don't need any more basses.

It's now part of my routine, like brushing my teeth, last thing at night and first thing in the morning.

I DON'T NEED ANY MORE BASSES!
[/quote]

I do that and check at random points during the day.
I'm only after a 7 string guitar now. Then I can stop looking... maybe...

Ok,so I ordered the 5 string acoustic. I was waiting for a 4 string but since I can never seem to find it in time, I just went for it. I must say that that I'm suprised at how long it was available,until I made up my mind. Now all I have to do is wait for about a month or so...:| I hope it turns out ok.

Edited by leonardobass

[quote name='leonardobass' timestamp='1436339493' post='2817127']
Ok,so I ordered the 5 string acoustic. I was waiting for a 4 string but since I can never seem to find it in time, I just went for it. I must say that that I'm suprised at how long it was available,until I made up my mind. Now all I have to do is wait for about a month or so...:| I hope it turns out ok.
[/quote]

Mine had a couple of minor finish blemishes and one high fret that made several notes on the G-string unplayable. Rather than doing a full fret dress, I just tapped it with a small hammer to check it was seated, then spent 10 minutes on that one fret with a couple of small files to get it level with the others.

im awaiting a B stock order from them, the TB70 Thunderbird.
tracking looks ok, looks like confirmation that it has been handed over to parcel force here in the UK, but their online tracking has it still in Germany, hmmm

Is B stock different to Deko's

I emailed them last night as mine order has been static for a week. Here is the reply.

[i]Dear Customer

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately a series of strikes here in Germany by some DHL personnel, coupled with the recent problems affecting cross-channel services has delayed many orders to Ireland and the UK.

We have been informed by DHL that the strikes have now ended, so we hope that things will be working again as usual very soon.

Please accept our apologies for the delay. Unfortunately, however, such circumstances are beyond our control.

Kind regards

Thomas Krarup
International Sales[/i]

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1436372413' post='2817638']
buelljack

B stock are sold and returned basses.
[/quote]

cool, thank you for that

Still working though yeah? Otherwise they would be Deko's

I have bought it to strip and custom paint.

Im a big T-bird fan with a few Tokai's and Epi's, but fancied trying my hand at a custom look but without the big initial outlay to start off

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1436373614' post='2817660']
Aye it'll be working buelljack.

I've bought a couple of B-stock,no problems with either.

I'll be looking out for your respray post,
[/quote]

Yeah, tracking shows it due to arrive today. Will post up some pictures later, then start a thread on the strip down and build. But stick with me, Im not as technical as most on here, so in depth reviews will be difficult

[quote name='buelljack' timestamp='1436370152' post='2817607']
im awaiting a B stock order from them, the TB70 Thunderbird.
tracking looks ok, looks like confirmation that it has been handed over to parcel force here in the UK, but their online tracking has it still in Germany, hmmm
[/quote]

I got a deko TB70 a couple of months ago, and it is a [i]stonking [/i]guitar. I think you'll be very pleased with yours when it arrives.

The only thing that I found initially problematic was that the balance was wonky (surprise surprise, it's a Thunderbird). As mine was a deko and had a small ding in the lacquer on the back, I had no problems with screwing in another strap button at the base of the neck (like on an SG, for example), which improved things enormously.

[quote name='ben4343' timestamp='1436431235' post='2817997']
I got a deko TB70 a couple of months ago, and it is a [i]stonking [/i]guitar. I think you'll be very pleased with yours when it arrives.

[b]The only thing that I found initially problematic was that the balance was wonky ([font=comic sans ms,cursive]surprise surprise, it's a Thunderbird[/font]). [/b]
[/quote]

I seriously LOL'd when I read that.

[quote name='ben4343' timestamp='1436431235' post='2817997']
[/quote]

I [i]almost[/i] caved in & bought a Deko T-Bird back then. Good sense took over, but as a result I check this thread every day, just in case...

Never had a T-Bird. That's a good enough excuse, right? :D

Jon.

[quote name='BassBunny' timestamp='1436372484' post='2817640']
I emailed them last night as mine order has been static for a week. Here is the reply.

[i]Dear Customer

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately a series of strikes here in Germany by some DHL personnel, coupled with the recent problems affecting cross-channel services has delayed many orders to Ireland and the UK.

We have been informed by DHL that the strikes have now ended, so we hope that things will be working again as usual very soon.

Please accept our apologies for the delay. Unfortunately, however, such circumstances are beyond our control.

Kind regards

Thomas Krarup
International Sales[/i]
[/quote]

Nice of them to reply to your email, that's more than they've done with mine.

I am now of the opinion that Thomann really don't like me.

Edited by Chris Sharman

DEKO!

Fretted black four string acoustic.

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_b_30_bk_acoustic_bassdeko.htm"]http://www.thomann.d...ic_bassdeko.htm[/url]

I've just got back from swim practice now, surprised that this hadn't been posted. Though, it's been a while since we saw anything really surprising. Where are the Thunderbird dekos or the Semi-Hollow dekos?

EDIT: Still there the next morning. Still 'available immediately' suggesting that there is at least a few of them.

While it's one of the regular dekos that turns up and not all that newsworthy, it's one that a number of people have bought. So, anyone going for one?

Edited by Annoying Twit

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1436452428' post='2818267']
Never had a T-Bird. That's a [s]good enough excuse[/s], right? :D
[/quote]

I think that's the [i]best reason[/i], no...?

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1436477780' post='2818575']
While it's one of the regular dekos that turns up and not all that newsworthy, it's one that a number of people have bought. So, anyone going for one?
[/quote]

Ummed and ahhed about it, but really I want my deko acoustic to be natural and probably fretless... I'd have no idea how to play it, but I crave it...

. Though, it's been a while since we saw anything really surprising. Where are the Thunderbird dekos or the Semi-Hollow dekos?

[/quote]I've got a few bits and bobs that I want to order from Thomann, but since I'm in no rush I thought I'd wait and see if any interesting dekos turned up (if you're paying the postage anyway then they're even more of a cheap deal). There's been nothing of interest that I've seen for about a week now. :(

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1436519279' post='2818741']
I've got a few bits and bobs that I want to order from Thomann, but since I'm in no rush I thought I'd wait and see if any interesting dekos turned up (if you're paying the postage anyway then they're even more of a cheap deal). There's been nothing of interest that I've seen for about a week now. :(
[/quote]

I've discussed the dekos with the parcel force delivery guy who delivers them to me (*) He would like a 12 string for his father, so I've got a full list of stuff ready to go to save on postage - but no 12 string guitars are turning up.

(*) Slight lying with the truth there, I know him as we're both members of the triathlon club. But he does work for parcel force and covers my area :)

@Ben4343 - I have the natural fretless four string deko, and am very pleased with it. Wrong sticker :) and also limited sustain high up the fretboard, but apparently these characteristics are shared by the non-deko. I do like the feel of the fretboard, and I think the unbranded pickup on it is very nice.

I've just got back from swim practice now, surprised that this hadn't been posted. Though, it's been a while since we saw anything really surprising. Where are the Thunderbird dekos or the Semi-Hollow dekos?

[/quote]

When I loaded up the mobile version on my iPhone, this morning, there were loads of sold out Dekos listed.
[attachment=195976:IMG_5089.PNG]
[attachment=195977:IMG_5088.PNG]
[attachment=195978:IMG_5087.PNG]
[attachment=195979:IMG_5086.PNG]
[attachment=195980:IMG_5085.PNG]

[quote name='Andytre' timestamp='1436520520' post='2818767']
i saw the massive list of sold outs this morning too. Bit annoyed i missed the HB JA-60SB guitar, always wanted a jag but dont play enough guitar to justifiy buying a full priced one!
[/quote]

Yeah, my deko want list now has:
1 x 7 string
1 x Jag style

EDIT: and the last thing on the list AT was a 12 string

Edited by bartelby

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1436520279' post='2818759']
When I loaded up the mobile version on my iPhone, this morning, there were loads of sold out Dekos listed.

[/quote]I'm not convinced that whats on the mobile version of the site actually reflects what they've had. There's regularly things that are "sold out" that have never appeared on the desktop version from what I can see.