Why become a member? ×

What are the magic ingredients for a 2013 Christmas hit!

mentalextra

[quote name='EliasMooseblaster' timestamp='1385485573' post='2288833']
1. Call yourself Simon Cowell and behave in a generally objectionable fashion
2. Hoik trousers up to chin
3. Go through "X-Britain's Got Talent-Factor Come Dancing"-type "talent" show rigmarole to find passably gifted singer
4. ????
5. PROFIT
[/quote]

Yeah, thats most peoples idea of the 'pop factory'. But why do artists seem to think that Christmas songs are a career killer. I understand that 'gangsta's' cant sing about Christmas trees and mince pies but would RHCP ever release a Christmas song?

Edited by mentalextra

It's actually an interesting challenge; can the Basschat Christmas Collective come up with a festive song, in collaboration. By committee, as it were. Define it, from the actual chords and notes, to the words, the instruments used, the production treatment applied, etc.

Does anyone like the idea?

It'd never work, would it.

[quote name='mr zed' timestamp='1385488191' post='2288892']
Start churning the Facebook propaganda machine to encourage people to buy a download of a track that was released 30 odd years ago by a band that was started 40 years ago. That should do it!
[/quote]

Ah, the AC/DC campaign of 2013.

Does no one understand that this is a time that could be used to have some fun?

2014's campaign needs to aim for Don Henley's Boys of Summer. :)

Build a thoughtful song like this..it' s wonderful.
-----------------------------------------------------------

[color=#474747]Help them to learn (help them to learn)[/color]
[color=#474747]Songs of joy instead of burn, baby, burn(burn, baby burn)[/color]
[color=#474747]Let us show them how to play the pipes of peace[/color]
[color=#474747]Play the pipes of peace[/color]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7ErrZ-ipoE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7ErrZ-ipoE[/url]

For Immediate Release:

[size=5][b]Rock-Aid Announces 2013 Christmas Charity Single[/b][/size]

[size=3]Quo: 'Put your hands in your pockets, people!'[/size]

Musicians charity Rock-Aid today announced the launch of its 2013 Christmas single '(It's) Christmas Again (It Only Seems Like Last Week)', co-written by American guitarist Steve Vai and Wombles / Katie Melua svengali Mike Batt.

With all profits (after fees, expenses, etc) going to sister charity 'Give Psittacosis The Bird', a stellar line-up includes Status Quo, Brian May, Paul McCartney, Tom Jones, Gary Barlow, Dizzee Rascal and Lily Allen.

The accompanying video - written and directed by Dr Who showrunner Stephen Moffatt - features all 13 Doctors, dressed in seasonal red and green versions of their trademark costumes.

The video opens on Albert Square as Alfie Moon's coffin is carried to a waiting hearse. A crowd of EastEnders' stars past and present hold up posters bearing the slogan 'End Psittacosis Now'. A wahoo-wahoo noise announces the arrival of the Tardis; the doors open and 12th Doctor Matt Smith wheels a psittacosis sufferer into the Queen Vic.

Moved to tears, the hard-bitten 'Enders exchange Christmas cards bearing images of kittens, starving children and old people in iron lungs while The 13 Doctors perform a dance of their own devising. The video culminates as Francis Rossi bursts out of a parrot-shaped 'death' cake to shake sleigh bells alongside 'It Ain't Half Hot, Mum' star Melvyn Hayes, backed by the 'Choir Of Stars' (see above).

'(It's) Christmas Again (It Only Seems Like Last Week)' is available in shops and as a download from November 30.

[i]<ENDS>[/i]
[i].[/i]

Edited by skankdelvar

What i always enjoy at this time of year is the inevitable end of the news story about "local band/singer/school kids record song that's tipped for Christmas No1!!!" The news report usually features a contrived performance of the band to three bored pensioners in a local pub.Band and song never heard of again.
A friend of mine is a DJ on local radio in Brighton, he's running a campaign to get Roachford's Cuddly Toy to No1.