Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz bargains?

Mace

Just written off the next few years xmas pressies.

Incoming Shuttle 9.2 head to go with my new Barefaced BB2 cab that i only got a few weeks ago. I am in the massive doghouse!

Gonna be selling my Yammy BB424X and Hartke LH500 to fund it if i get on with it.

Ps if anyone was thinking of getting one too, theres only 1 left as of this afternoon.

[quote name='Mudpup' timestamp='1383953275' post='2271347']
Just written off the next few years xmas pressies.

Incoming Shuttle 9.2 head to go with my new Barefaced BB2 cab that i only got a few weeks ago. I am in the massive doghouse!

Gonna be selling my Yammy BB424X and Hartke LH500 to fund it if i get on with it.

Ps if anyone was thinking of getting one too, theres only 1 left as of this afternoon.
[/quote]
You will need a massive doghouse to put all this new gear lol

[quote name='Muzz' timestamp='1383988803' post='2271517']
In situations like these, always remember the old adage: It's easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission... :D
[/quote]

My buying history summed up in one succinct quotation. I shall pin it to the fridge door, so she can see every day

To you guys that might be ordering the Roqsolid Covers.
It might be worth mentioning to them that if they're going of the same pattern every time that the cover on mine is about an Inch too long. It fouls the wheels at the bottom of the cab rendering them useless unless you lift the cover........which is a pain as the the handles are at the top of the cab.
It might just be mine but you never know.
B)

[quote name='kennyrodg' timestamp='1383996330' post='2271635']
To you guys that might be ordering the Roqsolid Covers.
It might be worth mentioning to them that if they're going of the same pattern every time that the cover on mine is about an Inch too long. It fouls the wheels at the bottom of the cab rendering them useless unless you lift the cover........which is a pain as the the handles are at the top of the cab.
It might just be mine but you never know.
B)
[/quote]
Ah I see! Well its the same size as it always has been (the cab dimensions throughout the model/speaker changes).

Personally, I'd rather it covers the entire cab including the wheels....I get why it would be annoying if you roll it, but I'd rather have the whole of it covered down to the floor if poss. I'll have to deal with the wheels bit when I come to it haha! I doubt I'd use them until I've lifted it into the venue anyway (eg just to adjust position on stage).

A small cut out for the wheels would do it. If you're using the wheels with the cover on and not carrying the cab you end up dragging the bottom of the cover along the floor through lord knows what and then the wheels run over the top of the cab etc etc.
If all the covers for this cab are the same then it needs trimming back to the dimensions of the cab, not the cab and feet plus a bit so it's dragging on the floor and then some.
I realise it's a lightweight cab but I'm 5'7" and 10 stone pissed wet through so carrying it is not an option for me.
B)

[quote name='nottswarwick' timestamp='1383997308' post='2271650']
My cover is tapered up at the rear bottom where the wheels are. You thus have to put it on the right way round
[/quote]

No taper on mine, maybe they've revised it then from when I got mine.
B)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1384001315' post='2271719']
Mine has ragged where the wheels are but it sounds like they have altered them, that's why roqsolid are great! My ragged cover is less annoying than you lot paying about £400 less than i did for the old version :lol:
[/quote]
i hear ya :)

[quote name='RandomBass' timestamp='1383997996' post='2271659']

What colour BBx? Colour me interested... ;)
[/quote]

Its the vintage white one. Lovely bass and immaculate with a Hipshot detuner and Hiscox case if required. Just not getting played since i got my Blacktop Jazz. Welcome to pop over for a blast . I'll pop some pics over via pm.

And to keep it on topic, my Shuttle 9.2 arrived this morning and its luvverly. Will be gigging it tonight at The Lion Brewery jn Ash nr Guildford if anyone wants a look/listen.

Noticing that several on here own three Genz amps, I wonder if that is historical (as in owning say a Streamliner and a ShuttleMax and an old one), or whether there is a rationale for owning three new ones (as in say a Streamliner, and a GBE as well as a ShuttleMax).
More specifically: in addition to the GBE not using Class D, are the GBEs and the ShuttleMaxes voiced differently from each other? Or is this about transportability or other stuff?

Edited by BassTractor

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1384005795' post='2271805']
Noticing that several on here own three Genz amps, I wonder if that is historical (as in owning say a Streamliner and a ShuttleMax and an old one), or whether there is a rationale for owning three new ones (as in say a Streamliner, and a GBE as well as a ShuttleMax).
More specifically: in addition to the GBE not using Class D, are the GBEs and the ShuttleMaxes voiced differently from each other? Or is this about transportability or other stuff?
[/quote]

I have the Max 9.2 and Streamliner, purely because I'm greedy and I also like the completel different sound they have.

I bought a shuttle 6.0 and a neox 2x12t as a replacement to my faulty ashdown rig years ago, busy with weddings and functions at the time it was just the job, I later bought a neox 1x12t for smaller pub gigs and jam nights etc as I found the shuttle 6.0 on its bottom limit was still quite loud, a mate upgraded his shuttle 3.0 for a streamiler 600 a couple of years ago so I bought that as a spare for wedding gigs instead of a laney head I bought as the backup to the intermittent fault ridden ashdown. I then found I preferred the fet of the 3.0 to the valve of the 6.0 so I decided to buy a 9.2max head to give me both amps in one plus the extra power, just before I spent a grand on one I bagged an as new one with a smart case and the pedal board for £530 off ebay.

The features of the 9.2 max are brilliant and great if you use two very different basses or like me electric upright set on one channel, stingray on the other, double bass fed into the global return from a fishman plat pro to stop feedback. Sounds like a mess but it saves having three amps and swapping speaker cables. :D

Edited by stingrayPete1977

Thanks, guys!
MM20, I thought you too had mentioned you have three of them.
I get SRPete's historical thing that leads to owning three, and I do get MM20's Streamliner vs Shuttle thing. In fact the input that you guys provided me with earlier led me to invest in a Streamliner to go with my GBE. (and thank you again for providing me! I love it.)

For now I'll assume then that Genz do not make three strongly different lines, and that the difference between a GBE and a Max is mostly about trad. vs. Class D, and not about voicing.

[quote name='lowerbassment' timestamp='1384084762' post='2272507']
The NX2-212T seems now in stock at Bass Direct for £399.
[/quote]

Ay. Fantastic bargain.

I've just had a play with mine (finally) and it is very balanced. Compared to the TKS 12/6 I have on loan, the 12/6 has more depth and low end with the amp etc set flat, whereas I feel the Genz has more detail even with the tweeter off. The tweeter does not get harsh even when on full.

The NX2 is definitely a keeper for me. I'm very impressed. I love how it will go from modern clean crisp hi fi to more fat warm organic neck pickup tones and still sound balanced.

Absolute bargain.