Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz bargains?

Mace

It seems like I'm going to have to get a new rig. I play (at the minute) in a kinda alternative rockish band and use primarily sandberg basses (Electra TT, California TM and a Basic VM). What would you guys recommend as a rig based on the GB stuff on offer at the min? we aren't playing gigs yet (but will be soon) and as with all things, I wonder how flexible the gear will be for the future. I'm leaning towards a shuttle 9.2 with a Neo 212T....I want a more "modern sound" but with plenty of flexibility, sound like a good idea?

[quote name='legend142' timestamp='1384093551' post='2272628']
It seems like I'm going to have to get a new rig. I play (at the minute) in a kinda alternative rockish band and use primarily sandberg basses (Electra TT, California TM and a Basic VM). What would you guys recommend as a rig based on the GB stuff on offer at the min? we aren't playing gigs yet (but will be soon) and as with all things, I wonder how flexible the gear will be for the future. I'm leaning towards a shuttle 9.2 with a Neo 212T....I want a more "modern sound" but with plenty of flexibility, sound like a good idea?
[/quote]
Thats all very similar to what I do and with a similar setup, albeit a max head but it should work well.

I finally managed to spend more time on the NX2 212 yesterday. I doubt it will get much action with the band until I get a new car in February, but hopefully the guitarist won't mind me putting it on his backseat. I'll wait for the cover first.

Anyway, I am super impressed. Even for £750 I'd be impressed.

Superb build quality, nice throaty clear bass tone, plenty of punchy, EQ's very easily, nice tweeter (not 'plastic' or brittle sounding), very light, nice small form factor.

I can't wait to hear it with a band setup.

I guess you should be fine if you haven't heard from them by now (see below). That said I found their performance on my first occasion dealing with them less than stellar.

I phoned GAK about availability Friday and was told there are a few left on the batch. I placed an order straight away. However my order got cancelled a few hours later. They then said they ran out of stock earlier in the day. At that time they still had the cab up on their site for sale.

Anyways not too bothered - I know I am now in capable hands ;-) and would have gone down the Bass Direct route anyways if the option would have been avail Friday.

[quote name='lowerbassment' timestamp='1384169506' post='2273404']
Anyways not too bothered - I know I am now in capable hands ;-) and would have gone down the Bass Direct route anyways if the option would have been avail Friday.
[/quote]

Anyone know how many bassdirect have? I need another one ... :blink:

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1384163003' post='2273280']
I finally managed to spend more time on the NX2 212 yesterday. I doubt it will get much action with the band until I get a new car in February, but hopefully the guitarist won't mind me putting it on his backseat. I'll wait for the cover first.

Anyway, I am super impressed. Even for £750 I'd be impressed.

Superb build quality, nice throaty clear bass tone, plenty of punchy, EQ's very easily, nice tweeter (not 'plastic' or brittle sounding), very light, nice small form factor.

I can't wait to hear it with a band setup.
[/quote]
i've gigged mine twice now playing DB in my Rockabilly band & am very impressed,my bass sounds so much clearer with loads more punch than my Roland combo had & its really nice to hear all the glassware rattling every time i hit a note :)

Just gave them a call about my order. Confirmed I am on the list to get one ASSUMING they get all they have asked for. Apparently Fender distributed a list to all retailers of Genz gear with what is available and each retailer would have put their bid in at pretty much the same time.
If they get all they have asked for, result, if not some of us could be disappointed.

[quote name='BassBunny' timestamp='1384175789' post='2273519']
If they get all they have asked for, result, if not some of us could be disappointed.[/quote]

Oh bugger - don't say that! :o I've already sold my Compact and have a gig on Saturday... :rolleyes:

Well. ....didn't want to take chances with GAK so I ordered [color=#000000][font=Helvetica-Light, Helvetica][size=3]NX2 212T cabinet + STL9.2 amplifier [/size][/font][/color]from Bassdirect. Mark assured me that Fender will honour warranty claims (it would be strange and damaging for Fender if they didn't).
Can't wait to see if the rig will live up to my expectations. Due to arrive tomorrow.

[quote name='shemeckfrac' timestamp='1384181507' post='2273617']
...didn't want to take chances with GAK...
[/quote]

Me neither, I knew better...but I still did :unsure:

I'm awaiting a ShuttleMax12.2 and one [color=#000000][font=Helvetica-Light, Helvetica][size=3]NX2 212T cab from GAK and one [/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Helvetica-Light, Helvetica][size=3]NX2 212T cab and the shuttle bag thingy from Bass Direct....[/size][/font][/color] oh and a cover from roqsolid (I'll order another if the GAK cab actually turns up)

Got the speakons from obbm on here already though :D good old BC

It'll be a miracle if this all works out...

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1384182834' post='2273639']
[color=#000000][font=Helvetica-Light, Helvetica][size=3]....[/size][/font][/color] oh and a cover from roqsolid (I'll order another if the GAK cab actually turns up)
[/quote]

By any chance did you check with Roqsolid about the "taper" on the cover to stop fouling the wheels?

[quote name='BassBunny' timestamp='1384183913' post='2273661']
By any chance did you check with Roqsolid about the "taper" on the cover to stop fouling the wheels?
[/quote]

I only read about that after I'd ordered it unfortunately.... I got one with a velcro flap I assume will keep it tight to the bottom of the cab? guess I'll find out when it arrives.