Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz bargains?

Mace

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1384182834' post='2273639']

Me neither, I knew better...but I still did :unsure:

I'm awaiting a ShuttleMax12.2 and one [color=#000000][font=Helvetica-Light, Helvetica][size=3]NX2 212T cab from GAK and one [/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Helvetica-Light, Helvetica][size=3]NX2 212T cab and the shuttle bag thingy from Bass Direct....[/size][/font][/color] oh and a cover from roqsolid (I'll order another if the GAK cab actually turns up)

Got the speakons from obbm on here already though :D good old BC

It'll be a miracle if this all works out...
[/quote]
It's gonna be an epic rig! I have said before they should have made an 18.2 version giving 900 watts at four ohms each and maybe a range of 8 ohm cabs so you could of had four 2x12 cabs and 1800 Watts with a choice of valve or fet! A fairly easy way to of wiped out the competition but it was not to be :(

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1384190087' post='2273751']

The cover was about £48 delivered from Roqsolid. I agree, its not cheap, but it IS padded very well.
[/quote]

hows the fit of your cover,mine seems slightly too long it touches the floor at the front & sides.
Not sure if it is meant to be that way,

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1384260879' post='2274521']
Unfortunately I'll be at work tomorrow when it arrives... :( MrsCamdenRob will have to sign for it.

Providing everything actually turns up, I'm going to book an hour at the studio opposite my house on Saturday to give it a full welly workout.
[/quote]

You basically have a super loud/light rig, for a lot less than normal!

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1384261234' post='2274532']
You basically have a super loud/light rig, for a lot less than normal!
[/quote]

It was a good deal, I needed a new rig and the timing of this was perfect, I've been very lucky with it all really.

I've ended up with the ShuttleMax12.2 and Two NX2-212Ts with Roqsolid covers and the little bag thing for the head for £1450 all in... probably would have cost me twice that this time last year for an identical rig. Thank you BC :)

Just hope it all turns up alright... :blink:

my NX2-212 arrived from BD yesterday too (along with the Shuttle 9.2). The combination of the two sounds truly great!!!, however ..... not impressed with the build quality of NX2-212 cab. It's a bit micky-mousey. The handles screwed into the cabinet come out on the other side and are clearly visible along with the chips of wood that naturally break out when you drive a screw into a board. Also the cheap lookign foam at the bottom stapled into the bass does not look slick and will be a bitch to dust off. The label at the bottom of the grill looks like its about to come off... all these little things add up :(

[quote name='shemeckfrac' timestamp='1384332831' post='2275256']
my NX2-212 arrived from BD yesterday too (along with the Shuttle 9.2). The combination of the two sounds truly great!!!, however ..... not impressed with the build quality of NX2-212 cab. It's a bit micky-mousey. The handles screwed into the cabinet come out on the other side and are clearly visible along with the chips of wood that naturally break out when you drive a screw into a board. Also the cheap lookign foam at the bottom stapled into the bass does not look slick and will be a bitch to dust off. The label at the bottom of the grill looks like its about to come off... all these little things add up :(
[/quote]

Oh no :(

That is a big surprise...mine is flawless. That sounds to me like its either had damage in the post or been knocked about somewhere down the line.

The handles on mine are very well fitted, no signs of screws. The badge is secure.

What do you mean by the foam? Do you mean the material they use inside the cabinet? I cannot see it on mine, obviously I am viewing it without opening it up!