Why become a member? ×

Cat has taken liking to BF Midget paint finish - as scratching post!

JapanAxe

Our cat Marshall - coincidentally as big, black and heavy as a Marshall cab - just wandered into my music room to inform me it was biscuit time, and started into my BF midget with his claws. Little git! Fortunately he went for the paint finish rather than the silver grille cloth, so no visible damage was done.

I have warned him that I could do with a pair of furry slippers. Actually the best way to keep him away is to play bass - low frequencies send him running for cover behind the sofa.

Here is a picture of him in a stupid-looking pose. He is dim but loveable - provided he keeps his claws off my kit!

[attachment=145779:MadMarshall.jpg]

Edited by JapanAxe

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1381439619' post='2239275']
Our cat Marshall - coincidentally as big, black and heavy as a Marshall cab - just wandered into my music room to inform me it was biscuit time, and started into my BF midget with his claws. Little git! Fortunately he went for the paint finish rather than the silver grille cloth, so no visible damage was done.

I have warned him that I could do with a pair of furry slippers. Actually the best way to keep him away is to play bass - low frequencies send him running for cover behind the sofa.

Here is a picture of him in a stupid-looking pose. He is dim but loveable - provided he keeps his claws off my kit!

[attachment=145779:MadMarshall.jpg]
[/quote]

Nice cat ;)

I'm glad Marshall can't read this!

I keep my music room door closed when I'm not in it. Marshall is allowed to claw 2 things in the house: the magazine basket (gets replaced annually) and an old pouffe in the conservatory (c'mon folks, you're better than that). His paws are like gorilla's hands, so if he claws something, it stays clawed! I just don't like to shout at him as he is a timid soul.

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1381524812' post='2240422']
Marshall is quite a gorgeous puss cat though :D
[/quote]

This too :gas:

my New Kitten Simba, has a thing for attacking the cover on my Bergantino, so I have to put a blanket over it, as I don't like the cover getting ruined :blink: my other two two cats Tinker and Belle are a lot better behaved and just attack furniture, er and loo rolls - lol