Why become a member? ×

Bruno Mars and his band

SpaceChick

[quote name='tonyf' timestamp='1381403096' post='2238498']I've a LOT of time for Bruno and his band. As Crez says, an awesome entertainer with musicians at the top of their game.[/quote]

Ditto.

I wrote him off as a typical "cheesemonger" at first, but he's really grown on me with time (Mrs Skol is a fan...). Doesn't take himself too seriously and is a good performer.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1381407005' post='2238571']
I have absolutely no idea who he is ... :blink:
[/quote]
YouTube is your friend - Runaway Baby, Locked Out Of Heaven, The Lazy Song, When I Was Your Man plus some others I forgotten the names of all worth checking out if you like well crafted pop songs.

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1381407888' post='2238596']
YouTube is your friend - Runaway Baby, Locked Out Of Heaven, The Lazy Song, When I Was Your Man plus some others I forgotten the names of all worth checking out if you like well crafted pop songs.
[/quote]

Ah I'll have to check him out when I'm not supposed to be working.... Was he an x factor guy or something?

[quote name='Highfox' timestamp='1381415812' post='2238770']
Don't think they get them that good on x factor, do they?
[/quote]

I've no idea, never watched it.

[quote name='Highfox' timestamp='1381415812' post='2238770']
Think MJ and Prince crossed and you'll get close.
[/quote]

In which case he is definitely worth a listen!

My only gripe is the lack of 5 string live, I dont get why he has ERB on the album but not live, the bassist is great and I would have him record his live parts as the album parts on 4 string bass or use a bass player that plays the album versions live too, I know I am grumpy and it is a silly gripe but thats my lookout :D

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1381421852' post='2238929']
My only gripe is the lack of 5 string live, I dont get why he has ERB on the album but not live, the bassist is great and I would have him record his live parts as the album parts on 4 string bass or use a bass player that plays the album versions live too, I know I am grumpy and it is a silly gripe but thats my lookout :D
[/quote]

Different bass player wasn't it?

I have a lot of respect for Mars, his band from what I've seen on the tv are outstanding! I had more respect when I scanned through the sleeve notes of Cee-lo Green's album and saw that, Bruno Mars co wrote and played all instruments on forget you. As well as several other tracks. Talented man.
Did any one ring him and tell him sting wanted his track back?

Dan