Why become a member? ×

Is insomnia a bass player thing?

itsmedunc

Well, I have a really bad sleeping pattern. Insomnia? Is 5am bedtime normal when I get up at 8am? I'm 47 fekin seven! What time should a bass player go to bed? I'm really tired all the time and I am thinking of taking up the 6 string to get a few more hours sleep. Help...

Edited by itsmedunc

Can you expand on the relationship between playing the bass and your lack of sleep? Are you up late practising, or are you sleepless with anxiety over which inversion to use over an A minor 7th chord ? We need to know more details before we can help . In the meantime, avoid energy drinks , sugar , large quantities of garlic and chocolate.

Hang on a minute , 5AM bedtime and 8[u]PM[/u] rise time ? I missed that bit ! That reminds me of being unemployed back in the 1980's . It was great ! Get yourself a girlfriend who likes The Smiths , get hammered every night on cheap snakebite and blame everything on Thatcher . You will sleep like a baby .

[quote name='itsmedunc' timestamp='1379591053' post='2214488']
See, I was that tired that I put pm instead of am. Or was it the 9 pints of lager?
[/quote]

That makes more sense.... in which case that's only Three hours and I understand your issue.

The aforementioned Nine pints of lager usually help me nod off...

Rob

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='itsmedunc' timestamp='1379545686' post='2214173']
Well, I have a really bad sleeping pattern. Insomnia? Is 5am bedtime normal when I get up at 8am? I'm 47 fekin seven! What time should a bass player go to bed? I'm really tired all the time and I am thinking of taking up the 6 string to get a few more hours sleep. Help...
[/quote]

Just listen to some 6 string playing....

[quote name='Dandelion' timestamp='1379626068' post='2215115']
Listen to radio 4 podcasts via headphones is my trick. It stops me thinking about stuff. I never remember falling asleep or even feeling tired, but just wake up several hours later.

And Formula one after a big sunday dinner is guaranteed to send me into a coma.
[/quote]radio 5 here, I listen to Dr karl science hour, else my brain worries continuously

I find it hard to get sleep once I'm bed. I usually toss and turn and piss about on my phone till early hours, and even though I can get toowork on time by waking at 7:30 I'm usually wide awake at 6.

I can't remember when I last had a decent 8 - 9 hours kip.

I often stew about my bass playing, gear, work, bills, money and all other things.