Why become a member? ×

How do you stop your lightweight amp from wandering off?

Guest MoJo

Haven't noticed a problem with my BH250 on top of my RS212 cab.

Could be because I've got a short but thick OBBM speaker cable connecting the two items. I also loop my bass cable through the cab handle before pluggin into the amp, so it's held pretty firmly in place.

I guess it might move about a little, but it certainly isn't going to fall off the cab when held in this way.

[quote name='Len_derby' timestamp='1379105980' post='2208858']
I have a LMIII which sits atop my Barefaced BigOne. A small off-cut of carpet (shag pile of course) under the amp seems to do the trick.
[/quote]
My LMIII sits rock-steady on my Super 15.
However, I have to tape the IEM transmitter to it, otherwise it takes a dive!

[quote name='bassman7755' timestamp='1379110229' post='2208918']
[url="http://www.maplin.co.uk/multi-purpose-non-slip-mat-217606"]http://www.maplin.co...slip-mat-217606[/url] [size=4]Brilliant bit of kit.[/size]
[/quote]

It is. I also find it useful for 'gluing' my phone to the dashboard of my car at an unlikely angle for sat-nav duties.
When I had a motorbike I used it under my panniers on the back seat to stop my luggage moving about.
Also got some under my keyboard to stop it moving when I type... you get the idea. :)

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1379108698' post='2208897']
Turn down!!!!
[/quote]

Probably a big part of the problem. One of the guitarists and the singer in the band think volume is where it's at. I do think rock music should have balls but it's more about the tone than volume IMHO. Another issue is the coating Jorg has put on this cab. It look like a stippled effect but it's quite smooth with little surface resistance. Finally the non-original feet I have on the amp are more hard plastic than rubber so, little grip there

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1379142867' post='2209049']

Yup - exact same rig as Bert - not a sniff of movement
[/quote]

Perhaps you're not playing at the same volume levels I am. The MB800 is a seriously powerful amp and the Schroeder a very efficient and loud cab. The air coming from the bass port physically makes my trouser legs move. We're talking Motorhead loud here. :lol: The vibrations were produced by the sound waves resonating through the wooden stage making everything vibrate

[quote name='bassman7755' timestamp='1379110229' post='2208918']
http://www.maplin.co.uk/multi-purpose-non-slip-mat-217606

Brilliant bit of kit.
[/quote]

This looks like the answer. Off to Maplins today. Thanks guys

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1379149875' post='2209124']
I still think you should be looking at foam. If the amp is moving around as much as that you really should be protecting it from the excessive vibration rather than just stopping it from moving.
[/quote]

This had crossed my mind too