Why become a member? ×

Irrational dislike?

Wooks79

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1376511307' post='2175334']
All music company merchandise, caps, t-shirts, polo shirts god forbid. All that horrible wearable sh*t. I mean WHO the f*** would be seen in a Warwick baseball cap? (I have one somewhere) A Hartke tee-shirt? An Alleva-Coppolo skirt?
[/quote]

How about a Ri*******cker dildo ? Then they could take and ... well you get the idea .

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1376511307' post='2175334']
All music company merchandise, caps, t-shirts, polo shirts god forbid. All that horrible wearable sh*t. I mean WHO the f*** would be seen in a Warwick baseball cap? (I have one somewhere) A Hartke tee-shirt? An Alleva-Coppolo skirt?
[/quote]

I regularly go about in a Gibson T-shirt. Why? Up yours, that's why ;)

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1376512188' post='2175370']
I regularly go about in a Gibson T-shirt. Why? Up yours, that's why ;)
[/quote]
Oof, that's your cover blown, old chap.

How does it feel knowing that one in 11 people walk past you muttering to anyone who'll listen, 'look at that muppet, he should have got an Alleva Coppolo'?

marshall amps. don't like the design and didn't like 99% of those I tried, too. but there are some great ones out there - this is what I was told. B)

fender basses and amps. I just don't want to have something almost everybody likes. must be something wrong with it. B)

[quote name='wombatboter' timestamp='1376501119' post='2175054']
[i]I can't stand the combination of a humbucker at the bridge and a split pick-up closer to the neck....[/i]
[/quote]

I'm the opposite. I can't stand humbuckers that are right next to the end of the neck. Sound really muddy to me.

[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1376501447' post='2175060']
Ibanez basses. I know they make some good instruments too, so it's very irrational.

I'd say Ashdown as well but I don't think it is irrational because based on my own experience I cannot get any note from those amps and I really don't like their EQ's.
[/quote]

Hehe! My favourite bass tone so far is an Ibanez bass through an ashdown amp. I find it interesting how tastes can differ so much from one person to the next.

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1376501908' post='2175072']
I don't like white pickguards...
[/quote]

Me either. Blech.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1376501972' post='2175074']
I can't stand pale rosewood fingerboards, they look cheap to me, even on hugely expensive instruments.

Red tort is really awful, especially on white basses..
[/quote]

Agree with both of these.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1376512431' post='2175380']
Oof, that's your cover blown, old chap.

How does it feel knowing that one in 11 people walk past you muttering to anyone who'll listen, 'look at that muppet, he should have got an Alleva Coppolo'?
[/quote]

Bzzt, wrong, I'm a bass player - no-one notices me unless they need a 9V battery or a tool kit ;)

RE roadworn basses, I absolutely love natural wear and tear on old Fenders, I think it's a classic look. I would feel a bit like I'd cheated though if I went and bought something that had been roadworn in a factory in Mexico though.

Controversially, I have a real dislike of Sei basses! I've played a few and they sound good but I hate the looks of them. Even more controversially I have an irrational dislike of UK made gear. I prefer American made stuff, literally for no good reason at all. I would make possible exceptions for some Overwater stuff.

[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1376516774' post='2175478']
Hehe! My favourite bass tone so far is an Ibanez bass through an ashdown amp. I find it interesting how tastes can differ so much from one person to the next.
[/quote]

Agreed. My preference for vintage Fender is definitely not something shared by everyone around here!

Any bass that doesn't have a 'body curve'. I'd never think about touching a lot of the basses that are held in high regard on here, mainly because of how ugly they are; Wal, Alembic, Ken Smith and the majority of single cuts (the only ones I've seen that I like are custom builds).