Why become a member? ×

3 senior gents, moved to tears by their own song

John Cellario

I'm no Zeppelin fan but credit where credit is due that is a great, timeless song.
Ann & Nancy Wilson are a class act.
Must have been especially poignant for Robert, Jimmy & John to have Jason Bonham on stage playing his fathers old kit too.

Even a cynical old sod like me got a bit misty eyed watching that.

Anne's still got some pipes on her but I wish she'd have taken her coat off, looked like she had a bus to catch or something ;) On another note, is it just me or is Plant starting to look a bit like the bloke who was Hitler in 'Downfall' ?

[quote name='booboo' timestamp='1374279570' post='2147255']
Sometimes liking a particular bit of music just doesn't matter. This video is worth watching just to see the connection that music can make between people.
[/quote]
You my friend have the whole thing in a big ol bag. That is EXACTLY what it's all about. Perfectly put. Salut.

Amazing version. Never seen that clip before, thanks.
I don't get why people don't like Stairway, Led Zep have done dozens of amazing songs, and I think Stairway is up there with the best. I can only assume its because its been heard so many times and become a bit stereotypical of air guitar rock, but if you forget about all that and listen to it intensely it is a beautiful song..

Just superb.

It takes a lot of courage to perform such an iconic song in front of the masters themselves and to see all three of them touched in such a way speaks volumes. A job well done by all involved.

Thanks for posting.

I'll be the dissenter, then. :)

I've watched it a few times. Yeah, the display of emotion is nice, but I just don't like the arrangement. It's too overblown.

Oh, and if the Led Zeppelins - or anyone who covers this song - is reading this... FINISH THE SONG ON THE SOLO VOCAL!

It doesn't need the usual tag on the end. I wish people wouldn't do it. Yes, even you, Led Zeppelins.

Edited by wateroftyne

[quote name='whizzzy' timestamp='1374316025' post='2147466']
Just superb.

It takes a lot of courage to perform such an iconic song in front of the masters themselves and to see all three of them touched in such a way speaks volumes. A job well done by all involved.

Thanks for posting.
[/quote]
+1, thought it was great and took real guts to do it.