Why become a member? ×

Hug your sticks man for me

Roger2611

Hi guys,

Sorry but I am a bottle of wine to the wind right now....but I thought I would share this....will probably regret it in the morning...but here goes.....my bit on the side band is the band we pushed to really succeed a few years back....ended up recording our last album at Sony's studios a week after the Spice Girls recorded there.. we never quite made it....as many bands I guess...anyway we have continued to play together over the years and played a cracking set at a local festival on Sunday which felt fantastic and just reminded me how good we actually can be....one of those special gigging days I guess.

I get a text from our vocalist on Tuesday to tell me our sticks man had a massive heart attack on Tuesday, died in the ambulance but fortunately was revived. He is still with us but as the youngest member of the band by some 10 years or more it came as quite a shock to say the least. 37 years old with two very young children...Jesus... I am feeling right mortal at the moment. Anyway he is still here and I have told him we will wait until he is fit enough to play with us again...I just hope he takes me up on the promise....give your sticks man a hug for me and say a little prayer for mine.

Rog

Mate that is aweful! But your right it does make you question mortality, we've experienced our fair share of young death, both natural and accident based and it's hard to understand.

Wishing you all best as you get through it.

When you see him tell him the paramedic was a bass player - once again sorting a drummers poor rhythmn! Seriously though, my old man had a major heart attack about 10 years ago and died/ was revived in the ambulance on the way to hospital. Mortality hit home for me in my mid 20's when a friend was killed in abad car smash. I don't feel so bulletproof anymore.

Hope he recovers well, and enough to get behind a kit again.