Why become a member? ×

Swap Shop

Thunderbird

Hi I don't know if this has been done before I did search but didn't find anything I was wondering if it is possible or if it is a good idea to put a swap style shop in the Basschat market place as if people only want to swap things they can obviously put it there I know people list stuff in the normal for sale threads as for "for sale/for trade" but I thought if all swap items were under one section it would be easier to find swaps etc and it might also be better for people who only want to sell there stuff for cash in the normal for sale threads as they might not get bombarded with offers of trade they don't want? I dont know if this is a good idea or even possible but it would be good to hear what everyone else has to say :)

[quote name='lojo' timestamp='1373644689' post='2140159']
I've got a CIJ P bass and I'm looking to swap it for £600 , is that allowed :)
[/quote]

Only joking I totally support the sites new selling rules , Op do you need to check with a mod about this ? Great idea though

Edited by lojo

[quote name='lojo' timestamp='1373644689' post='2140159']

Only joking I totally support the sites new selling rules , Op do you need to check with a mod about this ? Great idea though
[/quote] Oh yes it would totally be up to a mod or admin to make a decision like this I just posted the idea to see if it was OK with the hope of the powers that be would read it and see what they thought :)

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1373646402' post='2140198']
Oh yes it would totally be up to a mod or admin to make a decision like this I just posted the idea to see if it was OK with the hope of the powers that be would read it and see what they thought :)
[/quote]

Sorry mate I didn't mean to come across all big brotherish

[quote name='lojo' timestamp='1373646600' post='2140202']
Sorry mate I didn't mean to come across all big brotherish
[/quote] Your not mate what you said is bang on the money and I appreciate the input anyway any idea who I would need to ask about this mod wise? thanks :) As thus far people seem to think it is a good idea

Edited by Thunderbird

Sellers are encouraged to make it clear in their ads/titles weather they'd like swaps or not. Most of the time, people invite trade options in addition to cash sales, hence a unified marketplace. It wouldn't be very easy to set up given the complicated architecture of the current setup.

We might look at integrating the 'tags' system more thoroughly so you could filter items by type in the future.

Cheers

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1373647798' post='2140240']
Sellers are encouraged to make it clear in their ads/titles weather they'd like swaps or not. Most of the time, people invite trade options in addition to cash sales, hence a unified marketplace. It wouldn't be very easy to set up given the complicated architecture of the current setup.

We might look at integrating the 'tags' system more thoroughly so you could filter items by type in the future.

Cheers
[/quote] Yay thanks for reading Ped and thanks for your reply :) I see what you mean about it being hard to do just thought I would share my thoughts on the subject :) :)

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1373652988' post='2140307']
Tick boxes for 'sale', 'trade' or 'sale or trade' which can be filtered would be awesome!
[/quote]

Quite aside from the extra code that would be needed to facilitate this feature, the harsh reality is that some people can't even enter a price in the valuation field.

I suspect that adding tick boxes would only create more problems.

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1373836808' post='2142168']
Adding the motto '[b]Trade - WHY?[/b]' to the sale topic header may furnish an acceptable interim approach to those in search of a bit of maximum swapness.

Some [b]+++[/b] action may serve to underline the intent. :)
[/quote]

Ive seen too many for sale only threads where people have offered a trade, Trade only where people have offered money, Trade for xx and people offer "i know ts not what your after but i have...".

As good an idea as it is i think it needs to be put in its own, swap only forum or else it wont work, people on here (and other sites) just dont bother reading the small, or large print sometimes.