Why become a member? ×

Swap Shop

Thunderbird

I think there's a bit of a 'logic gap' here.

If you are looking for a straight sale and someone offers a trade, what's to stop them from continuing to do that?

Not wanting to p*ss on anyone's parade here, but I've got to be brutally honest here and say that there's little chance of re-engineering the site to 'fix' a problem that isn't fixable.

You can attempt to 'shepherd' people into appropriate areas as much as you like, but you'll not stop them from chancing their arm by offering a trade if you're selling something a punter really wants and can't afford.

Isn't it easier just to say 'No thanks, this needs to be a straight sale?' :)

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1373835944' post='2142151']
Quite aside from the extra code that would be needed to facilitate this feature, the harsh reality is that some people can't even enter a price in the valuation field.
I suspect that adding tick boxes would only create more problems.
[/quote]

Totally understand (and agree) matey, there's a big-ish difference between expressing a 'nice to have' and in 'expecting that thing to actually happen' isn't there B)

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1373885747' post='2142562']
Totally understand (and agree) matey, there's a big-ish difference between expressing a 'nice to have' and in 'expecting that thing to actually happen' isn't there B)
[/quote]

Yep. :)

The weakest part of any application is the nut behind the keyboard - we could write code until we're blue in the face but there's no way we can fix that nut. ;)