Why become a member? ×

TKS Engineering cabs - new to the UK

wateroftyne

Nice one Michael, I love vertically stacked cabs (my old Ampeg with two 2x10s sounded great on stage). Interested to know, if there's only one driver per cab, if it make any difference whether they're vertically or horizontally stacked?
C

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1373450955' post='2137652']
Nice one Michael, I love vertically stacked cabs (my old Ampeg with two 2x10s sounded great on stage). Interested to know, if there's only one driver per cab, if it make any difference whether they're vertically or horizontally stacked?
C
[/quote]

Cheers!

I suppose it might make a difference as the distance between the drivers will change, but how much, I'm not sure.

Tommy (Mr. TKS) provides them in either config.... it's up to the buyer.

Ah... the game it's over! I was going to say that the grill cloth reminde me what i did on my old BF Midget T where i retrofitted a grill cloth:

But the stack was more like when i had two Fender rumble 112 cabs (wich were also retrofitted with grill cloth):

I can say that top mounted handles are a nightmare to sit a amp on the stack. Lots of builders are doing recessed top handles (i still think that top handles are the best way to carry the cabs, 112 speaking) that should be followed by the rest.

Great looking cabs WoT, you're making me get back my will to find a way to retrofit a grill cloth in my S12T...

...i think i may have a decease! ;)

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1373444535' post='2137556']
I for some reason rather like the idea of having question marks as a logo on my cabs!
[/quote]

Haha +1

That's exactly what I thought when I saw them!

I'd have guessed that they were a new barefaced model as well with the grill cloth as they're pretty similar in appearance. Placement of the badge threw me though.

I'll be sure to check these out and I look forward to the review.

Paul

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1373452699' post='2137687']
They look very professional. Not heard of this maker before; is there a website for them? :)
[/quote]

[url="http://www.tks.se/"]http://www.tks.se/[/url]

only handy if you read swedish :rolleyes:

Cheers, all!

They're pretty much an unknown quantity over here, but he's well established in Scandanavia. I've done a lot of research (thanks to Google translate!), and had a lot of discussion with Tommy (whose English is impeccable) and existing owners.

My Bergs are great - they're Bergs, after all - but I don't do tweeters any more. And, although they aren't heavy in the grand scheme of things, my back has been playing up recently so the lighter the better.

those prices are amazing! 250 odd quid each and 60 odd extra for a tweeter, that works out about half the price of the midgets! even if you factor in shipping they sound like a bargain!

Matt

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1373452699' post='2137687']
They look very professional. Not heard of this maker before; is there a website for them? :)
[/quote]
I think his facebook page is in english.
By the way,he makes fantastic cabs,I have two of them.(TKS212 and TKS2156)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/tks-Engineering/154937774584383?fref=ts

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1373452419' post='2137683']
I can say that top mounted handles are a nightmare to sit a amp on the stack. [/quote]

Yes, that's what I meant. It's not stacking one cab on top of the other that is the issue because, as WoT says, the top cab has feet that keep it clear of the handle. It is the amp on top of the vertically stacked cabs (or even one single cab for that matter) that is awkward.

Just seems a silly place to put a handle of that type... :unsure:

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1373537423' post='2138679']
Yes, that's what I meant. It's not stacking one cab on top of the other that is the issue because, as WoT says, the top cab has feet that keep it clear of the handle. It is the amp on top of the vertically stacked cabs (or even one single cab for that matter) that is awkward.

Just seems a silly place to put a handle of that type... :unsure:
[/quote]

Ah, fairy nuff - I'm pre-prepared for it 'cos I put taller feet on my Walkabout head ages and ages ago. They were about £2, I think. :-)

I really like the TKS speakers I have heard, and I have listened to a bunch of them and played some too. I have TKS 212 at the moment, but I have custom ordered a pair of 2126 (diagonal layout of the 12s and an additional 6 inch). Really looking forward to them.

I think the Swedish bass forum, PrataBas.se, has a list of over 115 base players with some 170 cabinets. We Swedes do like them TKS cabs. They sound amazing. They are good value for money and they are very lightweight to boot.

Edit: Splling

Edited by bjelkeman