Why become a member? ×

Anyone got a Spotify subscription ??

I've got one. Great value at a tenner a month. I load my smartphone with song lists and as long as you log in every 30 days, it's always there. You can load your phone with up to 3,300 tracks IIRC. Great if you're going out of the country for a couple of weeks.

[quote name='OliverBlackman' timestamp='1373124236' post='2133976']
You can do what? I've been using spotify for around 2-3 years now and love it. I don't buy music anymore, just stream which is glorious when I have signal (Usually good in central London). But I didn't know you can download music? Thats awesome!
[/quote]
There's an option to make the playlists available offline. Means you can listen to your favourite playlists without signal.

yup put me down in the spotify fan club , I havent bought a cd or downoad in about 3 years now, I'm amazed by the range of artists from nurse with wound to (now) pink Flloyd its pretty much all there. Not sure about the storage space I can only get 8 albums downloaded at a time , and thats at medium streaming quality must depend on your phones memory
In terms of cost I spend 10 pounds a month and that allows me computer and phone access, I think its cheaper if you want computer only

[quote name='Jellyfish' timestamp='1373126411' post='2134001']It's one of those things that I now cannot live without. :)[size=4][/quote][/size]
[size=4]Me too. I stream it from my Nexus to my spiffy hi-fi in the lounge and listen as in days of yore - i.e. not sat at a computer. As such.[/size]

Edited by discreet

Forgot to mention it is excellent for injecting life into old stereos by using a phone etc and a Bluetooth (Logitech in my case) adaptor to stream music. I haven't been using it as long as some dudes here but it is the best discovery I've made in a long time.

[quote name='blamelouis' timestamp='1373142441' post='2134158']
Yeah I have it ,great range of artists (no Beatles or oasis) but the offline mode on iPhone is brillant .
Set quality to extreme put Denon earbuds in and the sound is BRILLANT.
I have 13gb of spotify on my iPhone.
[/quote]

Oasis are on their way soon according to NME.com

Big Spotify user here too. Just on my computer. A fiver a month, no adverts, good bit rate, and virtually any music I could want. It's unbeatable for just browsing around for new artists and music you would normally never listen too

I'm a huge Spotify fan and have been subscribing to the premium version for about 6 months now. I joined when it was still in beta and never used it that much but now it's my main form of musical entertainment.

In total I've paid around £60 in subs but I must have listened to around £300-400 worth of albums (assuming a tenner an album), amongst that a lot of new music that I'd never of heard of before. No money's been wasted on albums with one good single and 9 filler songs. Offline playlists (which only remain available to you whilst you've got an active premium subscription by the way) are great. I set some up on the PC, it syncs with my phone, I tick the ones I want to be available offline and then I head out with some new music. Simples :)

Two features stand out for me as being amazing. The first is the ability to right-click on a song/album/artist/playlist and start a radio station based on that. I discover so much new music this way. The second is the recently launched Discover page (the start up page now) which looks at what you've listened to, stuff you've favourited and also looks at what you your friends and the people you follow are listening to and will greet you with a page of new music.

In short, I think Spotify is the best thing since Walkmans. And you can hook it up to Songkick so you'll get emails telling you when your favourite bands are playing near you.

Only downside is that artists don't get a great deal of royalties from what I've heard. Still, if the music industry had took its head out of the sand 15 years ago maybe it would have had more say in how music's listened to these days :)

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1373222551' post='2135002']
Looks like I'll join next pay day (end of july). I assume the dd will be taken the exact day you join ?
[/quote]
I got a 30 day free trial first.. that's what I'm on now.