Why become a member? ×

Liam Gallagher

squire5

Read in the i paper this morning.Liam Gallagher 'does not wish to be took (sic) as a serious musician'.Quote "I take that as a f***ing insult"This comes after he was seen riding a dog round a pub,claiming "its what rock stars do!" Don't worry Liam,after seeing you on Jools with your parka,shades and other Oasis-type poses, I wont insult other serious musicians by lumping you in with them.Oh,unless you call banging a tambourine 'serious' musicianship.
The thing is though,I actually liked BDI's music on Jools.It's just Gallagher and his time warp attitude that I cant stand.Move on mate.

Really loved some of the oasis stuff and his vocal style certainly was special, but this bdi stuff does nothing for me at all, in fact I forwarded it, wonder what the sales are like and who the audience is for it?

I'm not ruling out him changing his style and producing something different and special in the future though.

[quote name='jezzaboy' timestamp='1370278336' post='2098529']
I liked Oasis and still like Noel but Liam is a roaster. And judging by the performance on Jools on friday night, he is nothing without the Oasis brand name.
[/quote]

Or Noel's songwriting - I like the Sound of BE but they haven't got any actual 'songs'. Gem should join Noel's HFB anyway!

[quote name='foxton4001' timestamp='1370289655' post='2098757']
Or Noel's songwriting - I like the Sound of BE but they haven't got any actual 'songs'. Gem should join Noel's HFB anyway!
[/quote]

Agree with this totally.

I don't take offence to him or find him annoying at all. Quite funny in fact.

You can say what you want...Oasis are one of the biggest bands we've seen from this country in a long time. I used to ignore what they did, but now the hype is down (I was getting into music at 13/14 during the Brit pop era) I really appreciate what they were about; quality indie pop.

Nostalgically I like Oasis. They're the band I grew up through my teens with, but Liam is now just a comedy caricature of himself.

In fact if I hadn't heard of Beady Eye I'd honestly think they were some sort of piss-take of oasis. His vocals are horrendous now and it's a bit disappointing that the band are made up of members of fairly decent past bands, yet can't seem to find a tune between them.

All the while Liam keeps announcing a random controversial brain-fart every fortnight to keep them in the public eye. Garbage.

Agree about his vocals nowadays - they were waning towards the end of Oasis, saw them on TV at some festival or something and he sounded like he`d smoked 40 Marlborough, then stuck another 4 up each nostril.

I liked the track on Jules, brass section added a bit of interest so musically OK. Not sure about the father and son drum combo though? As has been previously said, Liam seems to believe that acting like a total knob in an interview situation will improve sales???

What is a fact, is Oasis were a seminal band, still love doing their stuff but most of the credit goes to Noel for that!

[quote name='White Cloud' timestamp='1370696224' post='2104509']
Sorry, but I just never bought into the Oasis are magnificent hype...and I consider Liam to be pond life.
[/quote]

I'm offended by your comment, please don't be mean to pond life :P

Come on people . . . there must be someone out there who thinks Liam Gallagher is a rock god. Someone? Anyone? Don't be shy.

Not that I'm drumming up support for him. I'm firmly in the 'Liam-is-a-talentless-knob-riding-on-his-brother's-coat-tails' camp - I'm just a little suprised it seems to be a universal opinon. :lol:

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1370703095' post='2104642']
I'm offended by your comment, please don't be mean to pond life :P
[/quote]
I would like to take this opportunity to unreservedly apologize to all forms of pond life for my previous comment - especially tadpoles & newts, who actually have more talent, a better attitude and a higher IQ, than Liam.

Think yourselves lucky...we have to close the evening at a local festival after a tribute act of that kind
and I think there will be plenty of attitude ..which is not what you really want at those type of gigs.

I might be wrong but since they call themselves U.K no 1 ect ect. not expecting anything else... :lol: :lol: