Why become a member? ×

RIP Trevor Bolder

Telebass

Thats so sad. I met him a few times, cos I was friends with his daughter back in the day. He was a really nice guy. He told me a story about doing a show with another band who were taking the piss put of his sideburns. The singer said to him, "who do you think you are, trevor boulder?" Trevor said, never heard of him.

+1 to all the tributes above..

He was a really talented bass player IMHO; always played the song first and foremost.

I didn't know him but it's great to hear those personal stories about him and what a cool, down to earth bloke he was.

RIP Trevor

Sad coincidence - there's a Bowie documentary 'Five Years' on BBC2 this coming Saturday 25th May at 9.20pm. Apparently plenty of unseen footage, so bound to be some of Trev I would hope.

Edited by casapete

Noooooooooo !

Over the years it's only been a question of time before I've played Ziggy, Aladdin Sane and Hunky Dory once again. As a result I've probably heard Trevor's bass lines more than anyone else's when all's said and done. It would have been a treat to tell him how much his work was appreciated.

Thank you for so much Trevor, your work lives on

R.I.P. Mr Bolder. You are and always will be a megastar in rock bass world.
Met Trevor along with rest of Uriah Heep at Glasgow Apollo and he was an absolute star. Extremely easy to talk to and just down to earth. I'm pretty sure it was this gig that he tripped backwards on his lead during a bass solo and didn't miss a note. He was using his Kramer DMZ and what a fantastic clear sound he had. I've been a fan since my formative Bowie fanclub days back in early 70's.
Sorely missed by many.
My thoughts go out to his family and all who knew him.

Dave