Why become a member? ×

Posting images of Rickenbacker copies

Gust0o

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1369297372' post='2087348']
I think it might be more fun if as many posts as possible now in the forum used the words rickenbacker, rickenfaker, rockinbetter, toaster, etc. etc. thus ensuring that the legal beagles of RIC have more to search and more work to do.
:)
[/quote]
Yeah, I'm for that! Ever the gadfly.

I think it might be more fun if as many posts as possible now in the forum used the words rickenbacker, rickenfaker, rockinbetter, toaster, etc. etc. thus ensuring that the legal beagles of RIC have more to search and more work to do.
[/quote]

Shock..! Horror..! Is this serious..? Just imagine the extra load this could put on the staff occupied by this subject..! The extra hours of trawling, only to have to throw the 'catch' back..! It would be very unproductive if the robots, or searches, or whatever is being used for this activity were flooded with useless posts..! This is a very un-charitable suggestion, and could (indeed, probably would...) cause some concern to the holders of these 'rights'. One would have to have a quite determined view on the subject to inflict such 'punishment' on these folks. What an idea..! Shock..! Horror..! :mellow:

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1369218662' post='2086354']
He went after Hipshot for daring to make a compatible bridge that worked properly.

[/quote]

Did he?! What a *****. I have one of those Hipshot bridges on my home build, it's a great piece of design.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1369299764' post='2087374']
Did he?! What a *****. I have one of those Hipshot bridges on my home build, it's a great piece of design.
[/quote]

Shocking! The idea of making aftermarket replacements is not illegal is it? If so, the car industry and it's compatible spares market is foobarred.

Who is buying Rics anyway?

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1369301292' post='2087404']
Shocking! The idea of making aftermarket replacements is not illegal is it? If so, the car industry and it's compatible spares market is foobarred.

Who is buying Rics anyway?
[/quote]

He probably tried to stop Hipshot marketing it as a 'Rickenbacker Replacement Bridge'. But it clearly hasn't worked.

[url="http://store.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=215"]http://store.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=215[/url]

Whats wrong with that? It's a Rickenbacker replacement bridge. I don't think they are pretending that it's a genuine made by Rickenbacker bridge (I'm guessing that RIC don't make it directly anyway) - it wouldn't be in Hipshot's interest to anyway, afterall, they want to build their own Hipshot brand. They even acknowledge the RIC trademark... You have to be a right thicko to think that is anyway a genuine Rickenbacker product. It doesn't even look like the original RIC bridge.

[/quote]

Please see my revised Signature (below). I'm guessing that a search engine will struggle to differentiate between post content and the signature at the end of it, so now every single post I have EVER made on Basschat contains ALL those keywords.

B)

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1369303252' post='2087433']
Please see my revised Signature (below). I'm guessing that a search engine will struggle to differentiate between post content and the signature at the end of it, so now every single post I have EVER made on Basschat contains ALL those keywords.

B)
[/quote][size=4][quote name='charic' timestamp='1369303442' post='2087435'][/size]
HJ, feel free to change your signature text to white just to really help them :lol:
[/quote]

Might have to do that....

I'm not as bad as Jack, there's only [color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]3,573 posts of mine to search through (including Off-Topic).[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]And 2 of those pictures are of my bass, in varying states of change. So technically just a normal showing off sig.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Although I admit the comic sans may have been going too far.[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1369308168' post='2087521']
Changing your signature is futile - the robots indexing the sites are not logged in when they do so. You have to be logged in for the signatures to be visible...
[/quote]

Maybe I'm misunderstanding.. I can see Dave Vader's signature when I'm browsing but not logged in. Surely the robots would too?

Changing your signature is futile - the robots indexing the sites are not logged in when they do so. You have to be logged in for the signatures to be visible...
[/quote]

If that's the case (to be confirmed or denied..?), this is the place to be putting these frowned-upon ads, surely..? :lol:

[quote name='dlloyd' timestamp='1369308539' post='2087528']
Maybe I'm misunderstanding.. I can see Dave Vader's signature when I'm browsing but not logged in. Surely the robots would too?
[/quote]

Ooh, you are quite right. In that case... yeah, go for it. (It's usually the case when not logged onto a forum the signatures are hidden... I was convinced this was the case with BC. Obviously not or it has changed...?)

[/quote]

The ''forum glitch" in the settings that was preventing web bots from seeing signatures seems to have un-glitched itself.