Why become a member? ×

What would you do with £1,000 ?

The Dark Lord

I have a spare £1,000 kicking around in my slush fund again.

I usually spend this kinda loot on things that I need for playing in the band ....... pedals, lights, cabs, amps, accessories and whatever.

However, I have everything I need. I won't be spending it on a bass, or upgrading / trading any basses, as I am just fine with what I have.

So, here's the question. What musical / band / bass related thing(s) can I spend £1,000 on to amuse myself with?

[url="http://www.dv247.com/microphones/line-6-relay-g30-digital-guitar-wireless-guitar-system--63710?gclid=CL2Mz-uJ6LYCFaTItAoddG8Atg"]http://www.dv247.com/microphones/line-6-relay-g30-digital-guitar-wireless-guitar-system--63710?gclid=CL2Mz-uJ6LYCFaTItAoddG8Atg[/url]

That

[quote name='danthevan' timestamp='1366970431' post='2059576']
Could get a decent pole dancer for your next gig?
[/quote]
Funny you should say that. For £150, I arranged a French burlesque dancer to appear at a couple of surprise points at one of our bigger gigs ...... but one of the bandmates' wives caused so much of a stir about it, that we had to drop the idea.

Edited by The Dark Lord

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1366970465' post='2059578']
Shoot a music video? Could be lots of fun, and a possible marketing tool
[/quote]
This is a good idea - even just for the vanity of it. I have a guy who does video work some of my companies - he's likely to charge about £700 as far as I can see. Especially if I continue to use him for work stuff.

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1366971909' post='2059601']
Only a teeny tiny dent in it, but do you have a recording device to record rehearsals/gigs.

I'd recommend the zoom H1 recorder.
[/quote]
Yeah. I use the Zoom Q3 - which gives the same audio, but also video. I'm thinking of getting the Zoom Q2HD which does audio, video in HD ..... AND ... can be used to stream live gigs.

[quote name='The Dark Lord' timestamp='1366974288' post='2059652']
Yeah. I use the Zoom Q3 - which gives the same audio, but also video. I'm thinking of getting the Zoom Q2HD which does audio, video in HD ..... AND ... can be used to stream live gigs.
[/quote]

Bugger, now you've given me GAS!!!! I wish I had a £1000 :(

Well with the spare £1000 I had recently I went for a second hand Classic Stingray V in powder blue....it was just bit more than £1000 and will be even more when FedEx send the duty and vat charges through - but worth every penny, wanted one for ages and absolutely love it :-)

You could look at a photoshoot - handy for cd booklets and for promotional stuff.

Edited by Kubicixfactor