Why become a member? ×

Hats, lets see some pics

gub

I am really loving wearing hats on stage lately, and am adding to my collection as and when I see a new one I like, there's just something about them I love, it seems to totally transform an otherwise mundane stage outfit into something a bit different ! Anyone else with me on this one ?

Not that many moons ago I used to have a Bolero hat (think Lee Van Cleef in the spaghetti westerns). It went well with the long hair & tiny plaits with little red bows under each ear :blush: Thankfully I only have one pic of me wearing it which is somewhere in the garage.
I gave it away during a drunken bon-homie after a gig.

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1366214334' post='2049723']
This thread should help you...

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/8845-bass-players-in-hats/page__hl__bass%20players%20in%20hats"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/8845-bass-players-in-hats/page__hl__bass%20players%20in%20hats[/url]
[/quote]
Ahhh thought I had seen something somewhere on here ! I tried searching hats but nothing came up !
Fanks

I have no live shots, but I do love me a good hat. Unfortunately, due to the humongous proportions of my noggin, most of my hats are woolly ones. Though I do have a couple that fit, even if I did have to make a stretcher to get the leather one to fit.

This used to be my favourite:

Please excuse the abomination that I am holding in my hands, terribly sorry it's not a Bass.

This is now my favourite:

I can't remember how many times I've posted this picture on here now. I took it to show off my beloved Warlock when I first got it.

Quite partial to a Buff too:

And then there's my dead sexy fishing peak:

Blimey I've had to trawl back through some years to find some of those.

Edited by KingBollock

I NEVER wear hats. I look bad in almost anything from beanie or baseball cap to any kind of hat. Only thing that was quite fitting was a bandana, worn like that:

(sorry, bassless pic).

I wouldn't wear anything on my head on stage unless the playing style would demand it (eg. country or blues beg for a good hat). As I plan to go into the weird west* cosplay, I tremble at the very thought about wearing a hat, but that's the necessity.

[size=2]* like, cowboys + weird stuff like zombies or aliens[/size]

I like to wear a hat now and then. This one was a nice summer gig, open to the elements - I thought we'd all agreed to wear something colourful. So, I turn up sporting Hawaiian short, linen trousers, Panama hat, shades. Everyone else turns up as though they've just come from the beach! I look like I am part of a different band. In, fact, I am now!

[attachment=132845:Brentwood Festival 100711 015.jpg]

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1366296902' post='2050707']
I like to wear a hat now and then. This one was a nice summer gig, open to the elements - I thought we'd all agreed to wear something colourful. So, I turn up sporting Hawaiian short, linen trousers, Panama hat, shades. Everyone else turns up as though they've just come from the beach! I look like I am part of a different band. In, fact, I am now!

[attachment=132845:Brentwood Festival 100711 015.jpg]
[/quote]

Well it was never going to be cost effective when you have that guy in the band turning up to play left handed air DB ;)

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1366298016' post='2050727']
Well it was never going to be cost effective when you have that guy in the band turning up to play left handed air DB ;)
[/quote]

:) He does, doesn't he! Funny old boy, turns up at these beer festival type dos and dances all day long. We dragged him up on stage with us for a while, he loved it!

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1366214542' post='2049725']
I like to wear a hat onstage sometimes. Looks good, especially when out of focus ;-)
[/quote]

ah the maze....

Here is a gig from a while ago at a skatepark.
[attachment=132878:10049_10151383625056807_280877979_n.jpg]

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1366316895' post='2051103']
Absolutely love the top hat picture Wayne :) Congratulations to you and the new Mrs Punkdude :)

Here is me looking mean and moody in my "performing hat"

[IMG]http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af313/phillipwjones/7aed534537592b0f565e3423c5815b04_zps6882baba.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

Great pic! :-)
I can't wear hats, my head is too big :-(