Why become a member? ×

RIP Clive Burr :(

barneyg42

Sad news. I remember going to see Maiden at Earls Court in 2006 with my sister who was on crutches, so we were in the disabled access section and sat next to Clive and his wife during the gig, chatting frequently. A genuinely nice guy, very humble and still held in great affection by the fans, as demonstrated by the "Clive" chants from nearby fans. My thoughts are with his family, especially Mimi who cared for him during the MS.

RIP Clive

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1363189608' post='2009464']
V Sad. Here he is at the Marquee in 1980, a gig I am pretty sure I attended :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI-LoFQeSNc
[/quote]

I think this was the gig for the Danny baker documentary. They did 3 ( or was it 4 nights) . I went to first and last nights. People fainting etc. awesome.

Sad about this, like many others have already said, Iron Maiden were a big part of my growing up (I think Iron Maiden, "Killers" was the second tape I ever bought by myself - I remember my Mum not being thrilled at the cover ;) ). Always liked Clive's drumming, a damn shame what happened to him with the MS.

RIP Clive. Off to listen to some early Maiden now.

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1363255324' post='2010415']Iron Maiden, "Killers" was the second tape I ever bought by myself - I remember my Mum not being thrilled at the cover ;) [/quote]

Wow! That just brought back a very vivid memory!! B)

I`m with you Conan on this sad passing. I was surprised how sad I felt last night when I read this. I never really got into Maiden until Piece of mind that had Nicko in the line up and only listened to the first few albums later.

Great drummer and came across as a nice guy in the few interviews I have watched with him in. I know he was still well loved by the Iron Maiden family and can`t imagine how bad it is for them.

[quote name='swanbrook' timestamp='1363259727' post='2010525']
Why did he leave maiden, never really knew that for sure
[/quote]

I`m not certain but I think he was partaking too much of something and was, in his own words, "asked to leave."

I distinctly remember hearing the intro to The Prisoner on The Friday Rock Show and having to write the title down.
(I wrote it on one of those black cards where you scratched the black away to reveal white underneath)
Run to the Hills was an iconic drum intro- still is.

Sad news.
RIP Clive.