Why become a member? ×

Fender = boring and dull.

wateroftyne

It's the bass player's bass from Alien Ant Farm, only my favourite band when I was 11 or 12! There is a story behind the building of this, I don't think it was made by Fender at all but ended up with the stamp on it. EDIT - apparently it's a custom shop, which makes me totally wrong!

Edited by risingson

[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1362948188' post='2006661']
It's the bass player's bass from Alien Ant Farm, only my favourite band when I was 11 or 12! There is a story behind the building of this, I don't think it was made by Fender at all but ended up with the stamp on it. EDIT - apparently it's a custom shop, which makes me totally wrong!
[/quote]

It's definitely from the CS. There's a certificate with it, too...

That's rather yummy.

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1362949655' post='2006699']
Far too radical for Fender to seriously consider putting into production - after all, they've got a (conservative) reputation to keep..
[/quote]

...can I be the first to say "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...?"

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1362949603' post='2006694']
All these years and I never knew it was a Fender. Bizarre!! It's a shame they don't make more unique instruments, despite the fact that they don't need to.
[/quote]

IIRC his original bass was a custom luthier job and when AAF became somewhat famous Fender offered to make it into a production bass.

[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1362954388' post='2006810']
I like this! Might nick it and start using it round the forum claiming it as my own turn of phrase :D
[/quote]

I did that with 'never wipe yer arse on a broken bottle,' but it hasn't caught on yet for some reason.