Why become a member? ×

The Cookie Monster covers Rush

wateroftyne

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1361828346' post='1991715']
The first 55 seconds were really good. It 'tailed off' somewhat after that...
[/quote]
Enjoyed the start, making notes to check the band out on u-tube, then Darth Vader's dad started ..................... rip page off pad and bin.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1361834944' post='1991849']
:lol:

The comedy 'I WILL KILL YOU" voice again :)

I really can't get it, there's a rather large piece of my brain missing that means I can't understand what the positive associations are that allow some people to like this style of singing.

It's good though, can't deny it.
[/quote]

I like a lot of bands with 'angry at my parents' vocalists. But not only did this guy have a particularly ridiculous voice, it totally didn't fit with the music which just made it extra funny :D

I'm not saying I like it but if it was a perfect reproduction of the original we would all be moaning that it was a 'pointless cover' and that the band should have put more of their own spin on it. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. It just happens that their spin on it comes with vocals that are in a very particular style that appeals to a niche market. I think an earlier post has a point though that it does seem to be a poor mismatch in that the musical backing is close to the original which makes the vocal overlay that much more jarring. Perhaps a more OTT metal backing as well might have actually worked better, dunno.

[quote name='bobbass4k' timestamp='1361849983' post='1991933']
There is a place for growling and screaming
[/quote]

Well maybe if...

a) You are genuinely angry and have something that you believe is important to say (e.g Crass, RATM etc)
B) You are a teenager and you just hate everyone and everything because your body chemistry has gone a bit awry.
c) You are simply deranged.

otherwise, I just don't get it myself. I'd rather go to the zoo where there is growling and screaming a plenty.