Why become a member? ×

Okay, Which 3 Bands Do You Like -- But are a Little Embarrassed To Say So.

Lowender

lol -- Actually, if something hits you, it hits you. But we all have guilty pleasure.

I'll go.

Grand Funk Railroad

Those first three albums still kills me. Crude, infantile, amateurish and totally ass kicking.

Uriah Heep

Demons and Wizards is one of my favorite albums. I can not defend that opinion.

Dancing Queen

I so want to hate this song. It offends me in every way. But damn, that band is nailing the groove.

[quote name='Lowender' timestamp='1360340197' post='1969006']
Uriah Heep

Demons and Wizards is one of my favorite albums. I can not defend that opinion.
[/quote]

Uriah Heep are one of the greatest bands ever and you should never feel shame for enjoying them :)

For me; all the old Burt Bacharach/Hal Davies numbers, due to more than a few corny lyrics. But I'll be damned if they're not some of the most enjoyable/relatable corny lyrics I've heard.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1360340854' post='1969018']
For me there's no such thing as a guilty pleasure, if I like it I like it and I'm never ashamed to say so. I even got the Pixie Lott album, there are a couple of really good numbers on it, but the rest really ain't happening for me.
[/quote]

Exactly. I've never had any problem admitting to liking a band.

I think it all depends on how you are actually going to cause embarrassment to yourself.

If you are embarrassed by just by sitting in your bedroom listening to The Rubettes then that's a problem but probably not as much as causing embarrassment to yourself by walking into your local pub and shouting out that you love The Nolans.

Edited by BetaFunk

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1360343082' post='1969064']
Why on earth would anyone be embarrassed to say they like a band? What a strange old world we live in.
[/quote]

Because you're not supposed to rock the boat! You will be mercilessly pilloried for your unusual opinions! ;)

[quote name='the_skezz' timestamp='1360340744' post='1969016']
Uriah Heep are one of the greatest bands ever and you should never feel shame for enjoying them :)

For me; all the old Burt Bacharach/Hal Davies numbers, due to more than a few corny lyrics. But I'll be damned if they're not some of the most enjoyable/relatable corny lyrics I've heard.
[/quote]dude sweet freedom is an awsome album.....david byrons voice was far better than say coverdale or paul rogers....but never really got the notority he deserved....."take me across the water cuz i need some place to hide,i done the rancher daughter and i sure did hurt his pride..ha ha!!"

Edited by thunderider

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1360340854' post='1969018']
For me there's no such thing as a guilty pleasure, if I like it I like it and I'm never ashamed to say so.
[/quote]

Absolutely. Taste is such a personal thing, and imho there's no such thing as good/bad taste.

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1360343082' post='1969064']
Why on earth would anyone be embarrassed to say they like a band? What a strange old [s]world[/s] [b]country[/b] we live in.
[/quote]
Corrected - It seems to be an attitude fairly unique to this country. It's as if bands here have a 'Use by' date.

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1360343767' post='1969076']
I think it all depends on how you are actually going to cause embarrassment to yourself.

If you are embarrassed by just by sitting in your bedroom listening to [b]The Rubettes[/b] then that's a problem but probably not as much as causing embarrassment to yourself by walking into your local pub and shouting out that you love The Nolans.
[/quote]Not sure what you mean, but you should try being in the band. :unsure:

Absolutely not embarrassed to admit that I love The Carpenters, and Karen's voice in particular. Would you believe that I consider myself a bit of a rocker(?) :huh:

Edited by SteveK

[quote name='SteveK' timestamp='1360350860' post='1969234']
Corrected - It seems to be an attitude fairly unique to this country. It's as if bands here have a 'Use by' date.

Not sure what you mean, but you should try being in the band. :unsure:

Absolutely not embarrassed to admit that I love The Carpenters, and Karen's voice in particular. Would you believe that I consider myself a bit of a rocker(?) :huh:
[/quote]

NO-ONE should ever be ashamed of loving The Carpenters. Karen had the most wonderful voice, it was so rich, so open, so heart-destroyingly f***ing gorgeous.