Why become a member? ×

Video - Awesome band, bassist and my God, the bass face!

wateroftyne

Also a fan - surprisingly not many comments on the gear used, alongside of course the natural feel of his playing, towards realising this tone. It looks like a modded jazz? The p'ups don't look like regular issue - or are my eyes failing me?

From the LM11 I once had, I recall MarkBass also has what I would call quite a dark tone if set flat??

Had to put decent headphones on to hear anything of the bass, not much going on above 400Hz there - but he articulates very clearly as a player, lovely smooth technique. I expect it sounded a lot different in the room when you could feel that low end thump.
Nice band and really entertaining performers, but like Eddie I didn't like the bass & drum groove much; felt it didn't go anywhere without being funky enough to justify staying where it was. The patterns in the bass line feel like about 4 different standard/cliche R&B runs sped up and put on shuffle, got a bit frustrating quite quickly. Can see why people like it though, it's indecently tight!

I loved it, great to see such good players interacting so well & really enjoying it. Loved the move to a shuffle and the best bass faces were right after that IMO. Thanks for posting WoT.

That is the funky stuff alright. And showboating and getting your groove on whilst playing a solo is absolutely Kool and the Gang with me :D

Very very ToP FRP stylee tone.

But I would hazard a guess he has dialled up the VLE and VPF to noon thinking they were flat there. Because thats the kind of mudfest you get when you do that. If it was a bit less extreme I would have liked it even more!

With reference to another thread:

As far as I can see it's a cover version and they haven't even bothered to learn the original lines very well.
- a bunch of 'can't be arsed' lazy toe rags hiding behind the pretence of 'doing it their own way'.

Disgusting I call it.

Edited by Count Bassy

[quote name='Count Bassy' timestamp='1351530565' post='1852249']
Disgusting I call it.
[/quote]

Quite !!
How dare they have such fun with it when they havn't even bothered to learn it properly.
It's an outrage I'll tell ya.
:ph34r:

• 2 months later...

[quote name='leftyhook' timestamp='1351207454' post='1848862']
end of his solo days it all.as he looks across.... he was just winding us up pretending he has the ultimate bass-face!
[/quote]

My thought exactly. He seems like a great player having a great time. I'm not a great fan of the music but really enjoyed watching them enjoy themselves and it put a smile on my face, which is what it's all about isn't it?