Why become a member? ×

Kevin McCloud - bass player!

malbass

cool, does he do grand designs? I like that program havent got tv reception at the moment tho as I watch most stuff downloaded off the net (game of thrones,chuck,burn notice, etc) will have to get a freeview box soon. I cant watch online as the ibook is a bit slow and it doesnt have the required flash player. grand designs is a god program though, I actually like watchin it best in autumn /winter

[quote name='hollywoodrox' timestamp='1349643520' post='1828720']
cool, does he do grand designs? I like that program havent got tv reception at the moment tho as I watch most stuff downloaded off the net (game of thrones,chuck,burn notice, etc) will have to get a freeview box soon. I cant watch online as the ibook is a bit slow and it doesnt have the required flash player. grand designs is a god program though, I actually like watchin it best in autumn /winter
[/quote]

You can download an add-on to your old flash so you can watch iPlayer etc. If you PM me with your email I can send you it. :)

I think I've seen McCloud playing drums somewhere too, speaking Italian and French fluently and doing some quite good paintings on his Grand Tour series. Also didn't he set fastest time on Top Gear's Star in a Reasonably Priced Car despite never having been on a race track before?

He seems to be one of those irritating people who is good at everything he tries!

[quote name='Fat Rich' timestamp='1349687715' post='1828993']
I think I've seen McCloud playing drums somewhere too, speaking Italian and French fluently and doing some quite good paintings on his Grand Tour series. Also didn't he set fastest time on Top Gear's Star in a Reasonably Priced Car despite never having been on a race track before?

He seems to be one of those irritating people who is good at everything he tries!
[/quote]

I've gone off him ever so slighty now!!! :mellow:

Grabbed a couple of screen shots of said bass, any ideas on identification?

[IMG]http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp86/malw_2008/km_front.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp86/malw_2008/km_back1.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp86/malw_2008/km_back.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1349689298' post='1829016']
That bloke from CS! New York Gary Sinese? plays bass on the show. Apparently, he's got his own band.
[/quote]

There's also that bloke from Good Luck Charlie on The Disney Channel. Bob.

Just so there's no misunderstanding, my 7 year old daughter watches it. Not me. Right?! Are we clear?! ;)

[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1349688904' post='1829012']
Neat, he'll be over in my neck of the woods next month to support one of our projects at work. I'll see if I can grab some time with him.
[/quote]

It'd be ace if you could do a bass-themed interview for Basschat!

[quote name='The Dark Lord' timestamp='1349703719' post='1829290']
...... and Matt Allwrigh - the smarmy one from Rogue Traders off the TV. Not the other one who was jailed for fraud (ironically).
[/quote]

Saw him playing the guitar on the One Show the other night.....so is that where the Portugese guy went to ( just checked Benefit Fraud!)

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1349689298' post='1829016']
That bloke from CS! New York Gary Sinese? plays bass on the show. Apparently, he's got his own band.
[/quote]

Name of Gary Sinise's band is the Lieutenant Dan Band - named after his character in Forrest Gump & he's been taught by Jeff Berlin.

[quote name='tonyf' timestamp='1349703543' post='1829286']
There's also that bloke from Good Luck Charlie on The Disney Channel. Bob.

Just so there's no misunderstanding, my 7 year old daughter watches it. Not me. Right?! Are we clear?! ;)
[/quote]

Are you trying to convince us you are not a HUGE fan of the Bob Duncan Experience :P

I don't watch it either ;) ..........Good Luck Tony

Having finally watched the program Kevin doesn't seem to bad at welding either... I'm glad that someone knows someone who knows him says that he's and alright bloke, so many bods who do interesting things who you'd like to have a chat with turn out to be arses :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd bump this with an update. I got a response to my enquiry which includes the following;

[i]"Kevin does play a bit of bass but he confesses he has no great knowledge as it’s more of a hobby and so would prefer not to participate in an actual interview. Also, his filming schedule for Grand Designs is very hectic, which doesn’t allow him much time to do requests of this nature.Kevin does play a bit of bass but he confesses he has no great knowledge as it’s more of a hobby and so would prefer not to participate in an actual interview. Also, his filming schedule for Grand Designs is very hectic, which doesn’t allow him much time to do requests of this nature."[/i]

Sorry about that, but at least I tried. :)