• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

desert island bass

steve-bbb

[quote name='daz' timestamp='1348153391' post='1810103']
How about a PJ ?
[/quote]
how about you go play on the beach with charic's conche shell collection that he doesnt want anymore? :P ;) :on_the_quiet:

actually that just made me ponder..... we often hear of peeps putting P necks on the J body but ive never seen a J neck on a P body

unless of course anybody knows different .... :ph34r:

[quote][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] ive never seen a J neck on a P body[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]unless of course anybody knows different .... [/font][/color] :ph34r:[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color][/quote]

You're welcome.

Edited by Dave Vader

I'd prefer my all graphite Status 5 stringer so I could actually get some playing done, I'd spend all my time adjusting a Fender due to the climate.

I'd be happy to have any bass, but if it has to be a Fender it would be my Japanese 62 Jazz reissue. Awesome bass.

Edited by Fat Rich

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1348153649' post='1810108']
we often hear of peeps putting P necks on the J body but ive never seen a J neck on a P body

[/quote]

I don't know anything, so I can't know different either, but the Aerodyne Classic P Special from 2006 is said to have a J neck.

best,
bert

P or J? :unsure: What exactly is the difference between them? Which one is best for a desert island? Where is the desert island and would this affect my choice? Is the J best for Jamaican reggae and the P best for Puerto Rican soca and bomba grooves? :ph34r:

[quote name='Sean' timestamp='1348165816' post='1810353']
P or J? :unsure: What exactly is the difference between them? Which one is best for a desert island? Where is the desert island and would this affect my choice? Is the J best for Jamaican reggae and the P best for Puerto Rican soca and bomba grooves? :ph34r:
[/quote]

may i recommend [b][url="http://sealionisland.com/gallery/index.php"]here[/url][/b] :)

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1348167949' post='1810397']
may i recommend [b][url="http://sealionisland.com/gallery/index.php"]here[/url][/b] :)
[/quote]

Looks fab but none of those sea lions look like they know the difference between a P and a J, infact they look like they couldn't give a F-ender about basses at all. :yarr: < definitely the right look!

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1348153649' post='1810108']
we often hear of peeps putting P necks on the J body but ive never seen a J neck on a P body

[/quote]

The Mark Hoppus Fender signature jazz bass is kinda one of them as it a P-bass with a J neck or you could say it is actually a J bass with P pickups to be fair. Either way I wouldn't chose it because it doesn't have a tone nob.

[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1348211153' post='1810764']
Jazz for me, although only just. I'd see about sneaking a P onto the island with me too. Probably give me a B-15 Portaflex to play them all through too?
[/quote]

you may have any rig you choose (see my late edited OP) and then use all the old trace and markbass rubbish to build a nice raft or sunlounger or something more practical :P