Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

desert island bass

steve-bbb

[b]P or J or nowt?[/b] :)

for the purposes of this vote we shall assume stock items no sandbergs sadowskys or other gorgeous bespoke or boutique imitators thank you :lol:

edit - for what my crappy ill informed opinions are worth im fully expecting this to end as a very near 50-50 split and if it deviates more than 55-45 i would be very surprised

late late edit - assume that electricity is provided and there is one of every conceivable bass rig widely available to choose from so i guess the rigs you dont use you could fashion into a giant raft or treehouse or something

Edited by steve-bbb

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1348139403' post='1809792']
J basses are too skinny necked so P for me
[/quote]
i always used to look at them and think to myself 'that neck looks far too skinny it'll never play comfortably for me' but here i am 20 year later <3-ing my J :rolleyes: and i find it quite comfortable - i find the bridge spacing more of a playability issue than the nut spacing and iirc the bridge spacing on P and J is the same - ed - fwiw i dont dislike either i rather like both immensely but the J has the edge for me

Edited by steve-bbb

Thing about desert islands is there's nobdy there , so it'd be a Precision wothout doubt.

If it was a funny desert island , though , where I was playing gigs in different bands - all playing different types of music - where versatility took priority over personal taste - I'd have a Jazz.

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1348141810' post='1809871']
I'm ofFendered that there's no other choice. I would not want to go without a bass, then again, as someone suggested, taking your significant other would probably be an even better choice ;) :D

PS I did [b]not[/b] vote! So there :P :on_the_quiet:
[/quote]
Nothing about a significant other....she would have me pave the beach or something ....maybe someone else .....lol
If H read this she would Chinese burn me till I cried lol

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1348142130' post='1809879']
A nice Y O B 1964 Precision. :happy:
Of course I will need an amp and electricity!! :(
[/quote]

is this yours Mr H? its gawwwjus

whats it doing down by the skirting board? have you got a bass playing mouse in your house?

eeek - oh hai i is in your skirtin boards playin all your basses - thanks for all the baby cheezis

Edited by steve-bbb