Why become a member? ×

What a bloody mess of a bass

Jigster

[quote name='SteveK' timestamp='1347823892' post='1805526']
You mean like mine [url="http://www.warwick.de/modules/custom_shop/NewsCustomShop.php?newsID=3482&modell=Corvette&page=4&cl=EN"]http://www.warwick.d...te&page=4&cl=EN[/url] rather boring by comparison. :(
I think the rusted look is a glorious finish. Ah well, horses for courses, 'n' all that.
[/quote]

But your bass doesn't have a fake rusted effect. Your bass is highly polished 100% natural bubinga isn't it? And it's a gorgeous bass to boot (he says back-tracking furiously)

[quote name='Bo0tsy' timestamp='1347868462' post='1805810']
But your bass doesn't have a fake rusted effect. Your bass is highly polished 100% natural bubinga isn't it? And it's a gorgeous bass to boot (he says back-tracking furiously)
[/quote]Yeah, it a beautiful instrument :)
[quote name='lettsguitars' timestamp='1347870634' post='1805841']
I think it's less relic and more of a fancy paint job. Relics should have bare wood IMO.
[/quote]
Absolutely, IT AINT A RELIC FINISH... more Terminator

[quote name='lojo' timestamp='1347821730' post='1805482']
Should really slag it off, its advertised on the site !
[/quote]

I take a different view. They should know what their customers think about new models released into the market. Not that I think its going to do any harm to them. After all, they are the biggest bass guitar manufacturer in Europe with dozens of other models on their list, so if this one doesn't sell...big deal.

I've just been having another look at this bass, and do you know what... IT'S GROWING ON ME! If Warwick were to give me one ( and somehow find a way to make me twenty years younger and three stone lighter) I would definately love to get out there and be gigging this thing in a heavy metal band the length and breadth of Britain and, indeed the world. It's still a painful memory ( literally) , but my own career in the world of hard rock was cut tragically short by a rare medical condition that means I am unable to wear leather trousers for any length of time , but I can still look at basses like this and dream about what might have been. I just wish they had made it a slightly lighter shade of green so it looked like the big green chocolate triangle things in a box of Quality Street .

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1347890963' post='1806194']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I just wish they had made it a slightly lighter shade of green so it looked like the big green chocolate triangle things in a box of Quality Street .[/font][/color]
[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='Leon Transaxle' timestamp='1347884157' post='1806069']
Why do this then leave the back battery cover in a pristine condition?
[/quote]

This. By large, all these jobs reveal their fakeness on this type of things, the basses' pristine necks standing out most.
Nothing more charming and awe-inspiring than a well working or weird old instrument that really has gone through its paces, and shows it.
But relic'ing? "I'm sick! Stop the car [b]right now[/b]!"

best,
bert

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1347902597' post='1806437']
This. By large, all these jobs reveal their fakeness on this type of things, the basses' pristine necks standing out most.
Nothing more charming and awe-inspiring than a well working or weird old instrument that really has gone through its paces, and shows it.
But relic'ing? "I'm sick! Stop the car [b]right now[/b]!"

best,
bert
[/quote]

Amen. The point with this example is that its a relatively recent model and so to get into this state through normal use you'd need to do some really silly things with it or really hate it. If I was the manufacturer I wouldn't want anyone thinking my products deserved this sort of treatment.

That snot and silver thing has been floating around the bottom of my basschat pages for months in the banner ads. I freely admit that I just don't get the point of reliced anythings ? Who wouldn't want a nice shiny new bass ??? Bloody long haired weirdos and punk rockers, that's what I call 'em.

Edited by daz

[quote name='AnthraxThor' timestamp='1349314027' post='1824704']
You cannot complain much about the sandberg relic job if you recall what intially started this thread. Atleast they made a good looking fake rather than a "Custom aged" metallic green monstrosity! ;)
[/quote]

That's like saying it would be ok to spray mud on the underneath of the 4x4 and knock some little dents in it.

[quote name='daz' timestamp='1349317134' post='1824709']
That snot and silver thing has been floating around the bottom of my basschat pages for months in the banner ads. I freely admit that I just don't get the point of reliced anythings ? Who wouldn't want a nice shiny new bass ??? Bloody long haired weirdos and punk rockers, that's what I call 'em.
[/quote]

...can't hear the words, just boom, boom, boom....