Why become a member? ×

What's the last bassline you learned?

Doc B

Sir Duke by Stevie Wonder. The verse part is pretty straightforward, albeit with some timing subtleties.

But the notoriously tricky horn break (which repeats every chorus) was a right b*st*rd. Took about four hours to nail it. Being able to play it is sweeeet though, and now I'm annoying the hell out of my girlfriend with it. Sounds great on a Precision.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='348063' date='Dec 7 2008, 07:31 PM']Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice, old skool.[/quote]
Woo-Haa - Busta Rhymes - that's old skool n'all.

Currently learning...

Hole in the Head - Sugababes
Something Kind Of Ooh - Girls Aloud

One of which will replace our Whigfields 'Saturday Night' in the set.

EDIT: It'll be nice to do a new song, rather than the old ones with the f***ing tempo changed randomly by a pissed drummer.

Edited by johnnylager

[quote name='Kirky' post='350599' date='Dec 10 2008, 12:33 PM']Higher and Higher by Jackie Wilson. Repetative and easy enough to play, but a little off-beat and therefore tricky to do backing vocals whilst playing.[/quote]

haha, as i learnt last night! i can't remember what the last bassline i learnt was, so i'm going to tootle off and learn one now.

[quote name='mewsie' post='350607' date='Dec 10 2008, 12:46 PM']haha, as i learnt last night! i can't remember what the last bassline i learnt was, so i'm going to tootle off and learn one now.[/quote]
I'm gigging it for the first time tonight - might refrain from the vocals this once...

we tried playing it through for the first time last night, it was a disaster because i could only do one at a time, then i got the giggles, which led to a coughing fit, which made everyone else laugh, which was really funny, so then every time i tried to play the bassline on its own, it was STILL funny.

we moved on.