Why become a member? ×

Muse-Survival (Olympic Song)

scalpy

So Muse have inherited the poisoned chalice that is the honour of representing the host country's musical talent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt__jKWoYH8

I'm not overly delighted by it but fair play to them for giving it both barrels.

Knowing how much they divide basschatters into two camps it should be interesting to see how this pans out!

Ladies and Gentleman, your thoughts please!

Now, I'm a big Muse fan.....but they have had their fair share of dross over the last couple of albums.
I'm hearing snippets of various past numbers of theirs in there.
It'll probably be a grower though as I've only listened to it once.

Can't even ignore the song as the wife will play it non stop no doubt as she is an even bigger fan!

I'm just more miffed at the price of the concert ticket for the forthcoming tour!

[quote name='Ben Jamin' timestamp='1340835825' post='1710455']
Also a big Muse fan, Chris Wolstenholme got me into bass years ago.

However:

Yep, definitely made of cheese. But that's the point really I guess, got to love it! :D
[/quote]

Haha quality, I only heard the first 30 seconds and I have to agree with Wallace although the Mrs is a Huge fan and said it got pretty epic towards the end as it kept building and building, I was too busy flipping the fish fingers to hear it......

Actually quite like that :)

Fair play for getting a bit of "fighting spirit" into it, a bit of a tip of the hat towards queen in there and reminiscent of their older stuff. If the next album is like this I'll be buying their stuff again (@ blackholes it went to crap for me)

Very Queen inspired, and the lyrics are incredibly cheesy for what it is. I also think the drums don't sound right, and that Dom mad a bad choice in terms of cymbals, because something about them or the way they've been messed with during the production stages just doesn't fit with the overall sound of the song IMO. I like the fact that the lyrics are pretty cheesy, but it's been masked somewhat by the sheer musical epicness that Matt Bellamy seems to be able to create.

Liam

I really like it-I think the tongue may well be firmly in cheek regarding the lyrics, which TBH are not as lousy as some that Matt Bellamy has turned out in recent years, and it's the sort of stirring piffle that is expected for this type of do. Musically I love it-I wonder if they got paid for it? :)

Weird. Last night I dreamt I was playing bass in Muse - why? I'm not a Muse fan and I've never listened to a single thing by them, apart from this Olympic abomination - which IMHO is a mahoosive shedful of festering giant hairy moose twunts.

There's just no explaining the workings of the sleeping human brain, is there?

Or even the waking one, come to that.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='steve-soar' timestamp='1340878392' post='1710820']
What the hell have I just listened to?

Sums up the olympics though, bloated, slightly menacing, confused, wothless and tragic, with no connection to anything except itself.
[/quote]

So in summary it's a success? :lol:

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1340878720' post='1710826']
So in summary it's a success? :lol:
[/quote]

well that depends on your viewpoint and your agenda <_<

edit - sorry forgot to add my worthless opinion ... overproduced tosh :ph34r:

Edited by steve-bbb