Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

South East Bass Bash No.6, Surrey, Saturday 29th September 2012

Hamster

I had a lovely time! I was only able to stay for a few hours unfortunately but it was great to meet some new Basschatters and see plenty of old faces. Massive thanks for Nik and Colin for the organisation, drinks, food... superb. I say it every year but these bashes are what makes our community so special.

Here's a pic I took of Si. The other picture I took was a Polaroid, which I gave to Si.

Oh, and my bass isn't for sale!!! I was v confused when people were asking how much! I couldn't really put a price on it - I would have no idea what to ask if I did sell it (which I won't, lol)

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/chiscocks/8036505796/][/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/chiscocks/8036505796/]Tap dancing[/url] by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/chiscocks/]chiscocks[/url], on Flickr

Many thanks to all who took time in organising arranging and bringing another fantastic bash together ! Traffic aside ...........

Good to meet everyone and if I didn't my apologies or your good luck :)

GAS for Barefaced matamp sfx rob Allen and the talent booster pedal somebody had
To trade ....pm sent

If you haven't been to a bash .....one word ......go .

Gary
V8

What a great day. Got chatting with a fair few of you and made loads of noise through my "not really 450w rig" :lol:

5imon wouldn't sell me his Tech 21 XXL :( but atleast I know it's a pedal I want now!

Thanks to sibob I now have moderate pedal GAS too. Thanks to you I'm now looking for... (wait for it)... Tech 21 XXL, Boss LS2 and a Good EQ pedal (adding my behringer chorus into it) thinking this could make an even HUGER sound.

Almost forgot the shock of finding out that my RBX6JM used to belong to shockwave who just so happened to be sharing my rack :lol:

5imon ended up talking (reluctantly... ofcourse ;) ) about one knob compressors again :lol: don't pull any punches mate!

Was nice to see the asymmetric neck on the ACG causing confusion and the irony of sibob (our tapdancing hero) telling me the ACG pre-amp was too complicated for him! :lol:

I've also got me a Zoom B2 to play with :D

Well done to the organisers, seriously! I know how hard it is to organise these things and I really do take my hat off too you all!

Hip, hip... HOOORAY!!!

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1349011340' post='1820611']
Oooh .... I left behind my raffle prize of a Precision pickguard, I guess someone would have picked it up. Thinking about it, I'm not sure I'd actually put it on my '79 P (kinda nice to leave it original) so is there some way it can be held back for next years bash ?[/quote] I rescued it. Let me know if you change your mind, otherwise I'll hold onto it for next year - unless I have a further go at fettling it to fit my Squier for which it was originally purchased in which case I'll bung some cash to Colin to add to the fund - I expect it'll be in the raffle next year though as my fettling skills are v poor :blush:
[quote name='alexclaber' timestamp='1349016589' post='1820687'] I think it did pretty well considering its size, although Russ found its limits with 1000W from a cranked SVT7 (having switched over from his 6x10" to this 1x12") with the lows boosted and a grindy tone - no magic smoke was released but bad smells were... If you're geographically convenient to Brighton or willing to pop down, I'd like some beta testers to gig these prototype cabs, so email me if you want to help out!

Si(bob), I had the speaker for you in the car but when I remembered it you'd already left - with turning up so late, my mental timings were rather confused...

The four car convoy home was amusing, thanks for getting us out past the jams (W)Al (man)- 5i(mon) I seemed to lose you throwing ye olde Honda around that last roundabout! ;)
[/quote]Alex I'd be glad to beta test for you, Like I said I am looking for something like that for smaller gigs/rehearsals - mind that said like Nik I also took a bit of a shine to the Big Baby T.

You didn't go for a lap of the banking at Brooklands, which was something :lol: My poxy SNav took me a different way to expected, but we got there in the end. I trust we all had this on the stereos

[indent=1]Was dark & we wept on the twenny ninth of Sept
In an Audi haulin' bass gear
Compressor Si with a reefer on
And Claber haulin' cabs
We is headin' for home on the A-two-four
'Bout a mile outta Addlestone
I says, "Silverfox, this here's Walman.
"And I'm about to put the hammer down."[/indent]

- all to gether now...

[indent=1]'Cause we got a little convoy
Rockin' through the night.
Yeah, we got a little convoy,
Ain't she a beautiful sight?
Come on and join our convoy
Ain't nothin' gonna get in our way.
We gonna roll this truckin' convoy
'Cross the U-K.
Convoy![/indent]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWO_AIh8drk :gas:

Some photos....

[attachment=119821:IMG_2406.jpg]

[attachment=119822:IMG_2420.jpg]

[attachment=119823:IMG_2423.jpg]

[attachment=119824:IMG_2434.jpg]

[attachment=119825:IMG_2460.jpg]

[attachment=119826:IMG_2461.jpg]

[attachment=119827:IMG_2464.jpg]

[attachment=119830:IMG_2481.jpg]

[attachment=119829:IMG_2471.jpg]

[attachment=119828:IMG_2466.jpg]

And more....

[attachment=119832:IMG_2491.jpg]

[attachment=119833:IMG_2494.jpg]

[attachment=119834:IMG_2503.jpg]

[attachment=119835:IMG_2505.jpg]

[attachment=119836:IMG_2507.jpg]

[attachment=119837:IMG_2511.jpg]

[attachment=119838:IMG_2513.jpg]

[attachment=119839:IMG_2580.jpg]

[attachment=119840:IMG_2602.jpg]

[attachment=119831:IMG_2487.jpg]

Looks like a great bash you lot!
I'll definitely be there next time, I spent the whole weekend doing DIY in a desperate attempt to get our new house closer to habitable for the arrival of baby no.1.
It was painful reading all the fun flooding my inbox, bar all the M25 shenanigans, I don't envy any of you that!

Good work fellas and thank you all for sharing your pics too :)

Eude

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1349084011' post='1821399']
Cheers Eude.. And 'Congratulations' on the news of the baby - hope all goes well with it! :)
[/quote]

Thanks mate, sure it'll all be fine after the first 6-12 months... ;)

Eude

[quote name='craigonbass' timestamp='1349001980' post='1820467']
Many thanks to Colin, Mrs Hampster and Nick for a great day. Also to Sibob for his session on pedals, and to Rich for making me get my 70's jazz out of the cupboard and use it at last nights gig!

Craig
[/quote]

Glad you're using your old Jazz bass, it's too good to live in a cupboard!

A big thanks to everyone involved, some interesting gear and interesting players..... looking forward to next year.

I'd like to add my bit and say what a fun time I had on Saturday, epsecially the jam space and Pauls effort on the electric skins. Sibob's talk was a highlight, especially his dancing :) 51m0n and compressors was informative and I *think* I can do it now, or at least, get a more sensible use out of it.

Maybe next time I'll pluck up more courage to talk to more people and maybe ask if I can try some rigs or basses :)

As an addtion, why the M25 was broken on Saturday... :(

[url="http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/s/2121435_woman_killed_in_m25_bridge_plunge"]http://www.getsurrey...5_bridge_plunge[/url]

Edited by Si600

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1349084425' post='1821404']
Thanks mate, sure it'll all be fine after the first 6-12 months... ;)

Eude
[/quote]

The old saying is you that '...you never regain all the sleep you lose during the first 6-12 months of your babies life!'

Scary but true!