Why become a member? ×

So who's playing a Jubilee gig? :)

Half hour set with our local singer/songwriter in the middle of the village barn dance down the farm on Sunday evening.
Had to learn eight originals (that have never been heard by others yet) in the last week - been a lot of fun as there is definitely a Jeff Lynne / George Harrison thing going on musically.
The farm's at the end of our lane so I'll also be able to have drink or four, too. :D

Edited by Jazzneck

Of course, I'm in no position to say "Welcome back", so I'll leave it at a modest
Welcome back!

Avatar: the little one is 100*100, so if you add some pixels on both sides of your original so it becomes square, I think a kind soul will buy yer head on eBay and donate it to BC.

Dub reggae jam band Friday afternoon opening up Plymouths Volksfest, Saturday local wedding gig with soul band for pocket money and back to volksfest Monday with the soul band...should be a good weekend :)

Yup, couple of weddings and a jubilee all-dayer with several other bands.

Bit sceptical re: the jubilee all-dayer, as it's a shared/provided back line, whilst i'm thankful for not having to drag all my gear out and appreciate the loan of an amp, historically the provided bass amp has usually been dross - anything from non-existent to under powered. There has been the odd exception...fingers-crossed !

My band (in the sig) are playing a 25 minute set for Glastonbudget on Friday early evening.

It's in some village inbetween liecester and Nottingham, Wymswold or something.

Should be good as the band hasn't gigged in a while and we have some new songs.

We're performing at some kind of festival on Saturday night in Beckenham - 30 mins to do a performance and a workshop :lol: . No idea whether it's Jubilympics related though.

I found Zoe's head in my uncle's attic. Appears to be all original. Will be on ebay shortly.

[quote name='Zoe_BillySheehan' timestamp='1338388882' post='1673738']
Heyy, Long time so speak!

Jubilee seems to be full of gigs! So it would be interesting to see who's playing this bank holiday weekend :)

I'm playing on Monday with my new band, and I can't bloody wait!

Thought I'd pop back in to say Hi, seeing as it's been a good while!

Hope you're all good,

Zoe
x
[/quote]

Where`s the gig Zoe?

I`m playing a gig on Sat, if that counts, but as I`ve damaged my wrist/arm, the singer is taking bass duties, and I`m there purely for my backing vocal talent :lol:

We didn`t want to blow the gig out, as it`s a fund-raiser for Cancer Research, so, with our new drummer, who`s had 2 rehearsals and 1.5 gigs, we`re now swapping things about with said singer holding the low-end for this one.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1338467633' post='1674998']
Where`s the gig Zoe?

I`m playing a gig on Sat, if that counts, but as I`ve damaged my wrist/arm, the singer is taking bass duties, and I`m there purely for my backing vocal talent :lol:

We didn`t want to blow the gig out, as it`s a fund-raiser for Cancer Research, so, with our new drummer, who`s had 2 rehearsals and 1.5 gigs, we`re now swapping things about with said singer holding the low-end for this one.
[/quote]

That's cool man, and pretty rock n f***ing roll ;) hope it goes well! :)

MyDesign are very lucky cause we've got the Two Pigs in Cheltenham all to ourselves for a jubilee do :)
[IMG]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d115/gafbass02/59d3cd3c.jpg[/IMG]
Hope some of you can come!!
Then on Monday it's an afternoon set at a pub in 'nham :)

We're playing a Lancashire village called Whalley that are having a Jubilee festival type thing on Sunday. Our stage time recently got moved from 5pm to 12:30 pm. Can't say I'm looking forward to that bit!

Edited by joeystrange

Church garden party on Sunday and, oddly, a rather big street party on the 30th.

We had another booking enquiry for Tuesday but our keyboard player rather bizarrely said he's not gigging on a Bank Holiday! I told him that's like a sandwich shop closing for lunch.