Why become a member? ×

Has anyone tried this yet?

musophilr

I have now.... Rather time consuming but being bloody minded I couldn't stop till I'd completed it!

Enthusiasm for music - 92% True. I love music and couldn't live without it
Musical perception - 99% Quite pleased with this. I guess I am rather analytical at times.
Emotional connection - 57% Surprised by how low this one is. Too many "agree" responses rather than "strongly agree" maybe?
Social creativity - 72% What does this mean?
Musical curiosity - 71% Not bad. I know what I like, but keep my mind and ears open to new experiences!

Quite interesting!

Just tried it myself and came out as;

Enthusiasm for music - 86%
Musical perception - 98%
Emotional connection - 41%
Social creativity - 86%
Musical curiosity - 98%

Emotional connection was suprisingly low for me but guess it depends on how you answer them and your mood at the time really.

Interesting!

I got this:

Enthusiasm for music - 98%
Musical perception - 99%
Emotional connection - 93%
Social creativity - 80%
Musical curiosity - 99%

[attachment=108026:Screen Shot 2012-05-15 at 17.05.52.png]

Bit miffed with some of my results on the rhythm tapping section, I must have slipped into tapping whatever subdivisions grooved the nicest instead of just sticking to the tempo ;)

Be interesting to see what the findings are at the end of it all!

Here's me
I got this:

Enthusiasm for music - 70%
Musical perception - 99%
Emotional connection - 47%
Social creativity - 70%
Musical curiosity - 65%

I'm a kinda 2 or 3 genre guy so maybe that put my enthusiasm down a bit and I too got some of the beat tapping things at medium. Oh dear !! I'm happy with the melody one tho', I got them all right.
B)

I had some time to kill, so I did it... but the results were disappointing. I mean, what dd I expect? To get a result saying "you hate music!" :lol:

Enthusiasm for music - 96%
"You probably also spend more money and use more of your free-time than average on music-related activities." No, really??? :P

Musical Perception - 99%
"You scored high for perception, which suggests that you have a good ear for music. You can probably sing in tune and are better than average at keeping a beat. You can also tell the difference between types of instruments and musical genres. People with high ability are often able to create music on their own or with others. You are likely to have performed well in the other musical tests."
I have rehearsal in an hour, the band will be happy to hear I didn't have them fooled until now! :lol:

Emotional connection - 70%
I'm frankly surprised only 70%
But then, if this just indicates what percentile of the population you are in, it's not so surprising. A lot of people do feel an emotional connection with music even if they lack musical skills.
"Your results suggest that certain music can reconnect you to past events and memories, but that generally music doesn’t have the power to completely change your emotional state." Well, it almost can!

Social creativity - 88%
again, playing in a band... (or bands)

Musical curiosity - 94%
I am a bit eclectic, yes.

The "group the music" task was not so easy. A couple of the microsecond clips had me confused. I got all down except I mixed up a "rock" and a "hiphop" one...

On "match the beat" I failed 2 of 8... embarrasing. But they were early on where I was not paying good attention and thought they were going for obvious mismatches, not slightly off-beat... ah, got me!

On "tap the beat" I got most of them high, but one was "low". Embarrasing... I will blame the keyboard! :P

On "melody memory" I got all... except the very last one. I said it was different and it wasn't. To be honest, I was not entirely sure and I was a bit tired of the exercise by then.

Ah well... time to get ready. Tonight I'm inflicting the fretless on the band. I need to get better at it and nothing like being put on the spot a bit ;)

Enthusiasm - 95%
Musical Perception - 99%
Emotional Connection - 76%
Social Creativity - 75%
Musical Curiosity - 49%

[IMG]http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd471/paul_510/ScreenShot2012-05-15at211904.png[/IMG]

bit of a mixed bag - I could look into my low score in the 'Curiosity' stakes, but I'm not willing to put the effort into finding out why that is. ;)

Edited by paul_5

In the 90s for everything social creativity where I was under 50%. Think that's down to the fact that a lot of the questions were about singing. I know I have a very limited vocal range and sound like the red dalek. Consequently I don't sing often and certainly never in public, because I know it won't be a pleasant experience for my friends most of whom are excellent singers.

Weird, was expecting to get the highest on Emotional Connection and low on the others..
I got:

Enthusiasm - 98%
Musical Perception - 99%
Emotional Connection - 57%
Social Creativity - 95%
Musical Curiosity - 99%

Edited by joegarcia

Main instrument "other". Yet just about every orchestral instrument is listed.... who says the BBC is elitist? :angry: :D

Keeping time with a drummer is not quite the same as tapping a rhythm on the space bar of a keyboard. So I'm not sure how reliable this test is. And I still insist that one of those "genres" was reggae! <_<