Why become a member? ×

Really quite boring & not at all AWESOME Fender Jazz '73

molan

I know there's a lot of AWESOME old Fenders around at the moment but I'm afraid this is really an everyday, really quite uninteresting, Fender Jazz from 1973.

To the best of my knowledge it's all original - it currently has a Badass bridge fitted which is, of course, totally AWSOME, but unfortunately it also comes with an original '73 bridge.

Finish is a very dull natural with no AWSOME additions. It's obviously been well played but I'm sure that really reduces its worth as all those people that gigged it over its limited 39 year life probably just thought it was a decent player but not very AWSOME at all.

It's a typical old Fender that oozes personality and a hefty girth of just over 10lbs. Although there's nothing AWESOME about the weight I have to assume that all those people that gigged it thought it was worth it.

Tough to tell if pickups are original - local luthier seems to think they are AWSOME and are old Fender originals but what does he know eh?

Comes with an original '70's hard case which looks rather nice and is very serviceable but probably not even remotely AWESOME. . .

Yours for just £1,850

Edited by molan

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1336108240' post='1640936']
Three questions please:
Is this a bargain, can I trust you, and will I ever get that quality J bass for that money again?
[/quote]

No, maybe & yes :)

''Tough to tell if pickups are original - local luthier seems to think they are AWSOME and are old Fender originals but what does he know eh?''

AWESOME.

[quote name='CBbass' timestamp='1336269609' post='1643427']
That is my dream Jazz bass. Only natural and even black block bass which has ever appealed to me. Good luck with your ++AWESOME++ sale! :)
[/quote]

Although not totally awesome, it is actually a great sounding bass :)